Thursday, May 29, 2014

Chiller Theater Report: Thursday and Friday

It's been years since I've attended the spring Chiller. May 2008 when I got Katey Sagal. 2014 would be the year I made my Spring Chiller return. And I would of course score meets before and after Chiller. 


We will divide my trek into days. 

Thursday


Me and Joresky got word of the hotel Steven Tyler and Joe Perry of Aerosmith were staying at. Already have Steven Tyler but don't have Joe Perry. Sadly as we would later find out, Tyler was staying at a different place and Perry was not even in NYC. We did see Lynda Carter at this spot, but I had her already so that wasn't a big deal. Got a photo op. 

I knew of another spot for Neil Patrick Harris. Apparently he promised to work the railing on exit. So right now this seemed like the highest form of a guarantee. When it came close to what I believed to be his exit time, I dashed to the spot. There were tons of people there. When he came out sadly photo ops were hopeless, but I managed to get an autograph on my Smurfs 8x12. I then dashed to a spot where the cast of The Amazing Spiderman 2 were supposed to be at. 

Sadly this spot was total chaos. I did manage to get some chump change though. They were handing out free Amazing Spiderman 2 movie posters. I got Campbell Scott and director Marc Webb to sign them. Sadly no photo ops. I then moved spots and managed to get Emma Stone to sign an 8x10 for me. I have a photo op with her but an upgrade would have been nice since she is bundled up in my photo op. Others either did nothing or did a few. Hindsight is 20/20 we should have gone to another spot where Emma Roberts did photo ops with everybody 

Despite the setback, I hoped to change my luck on exits. First was Jamie Foxx who did a little bit then ignored everyone. I tried pleading for a photo op right next to him he goes "just a minute" which is his way of saying "no way" 

Marc Webb and Emma Stone come out one after the other. I manage to get Webb on my second poster plus a photo op! YES! Then I get Emma Stone on another 8x10 and manage to score a photo op amid all the insanity. I wasn't so lucky with Andrew Garfield. By the time I got to him he stopped doing stuff. Not a huge deal as I got him before. We also saw Paul Giamatti but he did nothing for no one. 

We rush off to get Seann William Scott (Stifler in American Pie) but miss him by minutes. We also saw Courteney Cox, Kate Walsh ,and Mariska Hargitay. I got a photo op with Kate but already have the other two and had nothing for them to sign. With everyone in we headed to yet another spot for Amazing Spiderman 2, but the setup was so horrible that I declared it worthless and we went back to try for Stifler again. I got a photo op with Garret Dillahunt but I had him non-bearded and this photo op is bearded. So that was pointless. And finally Sean William Scott comes out, and I get a photo op plus two 8x10s signed. We also see Olivia Thirlby. I got her before but she was looking nice and elegant, so that was a cool upgrade. 

The last spot for the evening was an attempt at Johnny Depp. We arrived but turned out we missed him going in by 2 minutes. But he was with Amber Heard and did nothing for no one. BJ Novak and Marc Webb enter but I had them already. Finally I see a name I need, and that's Dane DeHaan who plays Harry Osborn in Amazing Spiderman 2! Made up for not getting him in the chaos earlier. So at least the evening ended on a good note. 

Marc Webb

Emma Stone

Sean William Scott

Olivia Thirlby‎


Dane DeHaan

Full list of of Thursday photo ops 


Friday

The day starts early. As me and Joresky find a place to piss, we go back to the last spot of the night before to get Johnny Depp. BJ Novak comes out got a photo op but I had him already. I tried to get my Spiderman posters signed he says later. Next up Vanessa Hudgens does nothing for no one. Would have been a nice upgrade since she has shades in my shot. More fans and paps show up, and Nikki Reed from Twilight comes out and does photo ops with everyone, myself included. Vanessa Hudgens comes back and this time takes care of everyone and I get my upgrade! Woohoo! When she came back out she did nothing. 

Radioman then shows up, which would indicate that Depp is about to come out. There's a good number of fans and paps waiting. When Depp finally comes out he is rushed to his car by security That is one mega photo op of the year that I would not get. This is especially disheartening when other people got him. Vanessa the Jersey Shore stalker for instance for 3 photo ops that week. 

When going to get the car back, as I was driving back to the Depp spot, at one point I slowed down slightly to avoid hitting a pigeon. The car behind me then majorly honked at me. Coupled with the Depp failure I was so enraged with this facethat I slammed the break, and yelled and cursed him out for 2 minutes and gave the middle finger up high so he could see it. 

Got a sandwich at Subway then parted ways with Joresky and drove to Chiller. At least those meets were guaranteed. 

When I get there, I go for my top want, Priscilla Presley. The line was taking its time due to people telling their life stories, but I finally get to her. She is impressed by my Naked Gun 2 1/2 poster and goes "oh wow you got Leslie, when did you get him?". When taking the photo op she made her assistant take two of them. Priscilla would be the only autograph I get at Chiller. 

Then I got a photo op with Galyn Gorg from MANTIS and Robocop 2. Split a Lochlyn Munro photo op with a friend. Yet another Freddy vs Jason cast member added to my collection. He was also in A Night at the Roxbury. Got a photo op with Estella Warren from the 2001 Planet of the Apes movie. Split a photo op with Costas Mandylor from the SAW movies. Then got Gedde Watanabe who plays all the funny Asian stereotypes in movies, including but not limited to UHF. I then went for John Wesley Shipp who plays the Flash in the early 90s Flash TV show. Annoyingly enough, the guy in front of me was telling him his life story, so I had to wait for that when I had places to be . Finally he is done. Now what is more annoying then the guy in front of you telling his life story? You're about to find out. I paid the cash to get my photo op with John. Then as I did that the guy BEHIND me proceeds to tell him his life story 

WTF? You can't wait till I get my photo op before you jump in? How can people be so damn inconsiderate? He went on and on till John finally realized I was getting annoyed and posed with me. He even said take another shot just in case. I ended my Chiller trek with Gary DeCarlo, the singer of the iconic "na na na hey hey hey goodbye" song. 

Rain was coming down hard, I debate if I should just chill at Chiller and try to mooch some photo ops after the show, or head to NYC. I decide to head to NYC. Thanks to people telling their life stories I got their later than I wanted. But on the plus side the rain had subsided. So I had to decide what I could do. I first checked out a James Franco spot and it was crowed. I went up the street for a Daniel Radcliffe AKA Harry Potter spot and it was crowded as well. One side of the railing was set up. One guy I knew there tipped me on how to get a good spot on the other side of the railing. I linger, I blend in the crowd to avoid the cops harassing me, I mooch a couple of programs, and when the time is right BAM I seize my spot on the railing . While waiting for Daniel Radcliffe I get a few  names. Daniel finally comes out. My previous encounters with him he did no photo ops. Now this time, HOLY SHIT it was a total 180! He was actually taking people's phones and doing the selfies himself!  I got him to sign the program AND I got a great shot with him! After a couple of failures in the past, it was good to finally get it! When leaving a cop tries to stop me and I tell him I'm leaving this way (ie away from the theater) he's like "go" then he goes "you're here all the time". Since it had been a good few months since I came to that spot I look at him with this face  as I tell him "huh, no I'm not" and he's like "ok go go go". 

I then run down the street for the Franco spot, and a minute later he comes out. Despite the crowd I manage to hand him my Oz The Great and Powerful 8x10 and he signs it 

He was wearing a cap and shades so I didn't bother getting a photo op since I have him shades and no cap, but I get my friend a photo op. 

After this I rush to a spot for Bryan Cranston. Already had him but wanted to get an autograph and maybe improve my photo op. Shortly after I arrive he comes out. His driver was saying we could take pictures of him but no posing. Despite that he posed for anyone who asked. I really wonder why the driver would bother saying that multiple times when he was posing. Is it in their blood to be assholes and prevent people from happiness? What was the point of him saying that when Byran was posing 

When I get to Bryan I present him with a program plus an 8x10 where he was promoting his show. He examines the 8x10 and I point out that "it's from the show". He signed the photo but not the program (which I was fine with). And I got another photo op. 

Between Radcliffe-Franco-Cranston I had essentially pulled off a perfect storm  

After this I went to a pizza place where I met up with Vanessa the Jersey Shore stalker, her friend, and Raul. We BS'd and relaxed a bit. Raul went home. It was raining to we figured we'd go in the car and check out a hotel with an awning. When we got there we see three ebayers waiting. So naturally we decide to wait and see what's up. The ebayers were none too happy with our presence. They claimed to not be waiting for someone and to be "conducting business" as they put it. These are some of the phrases they uttered through out. 

"we're not waiting for anyone, we're conducting business" 

"you have a girl in your front seat, what are you doing randomly outside a hotel"

"seriously, you have nothing better to do on a Friday night than wait randomly outside a hotel"

"Vanessa is orchestrating this" 

Finally, a big ass van showed up. People went in the van and I was waiting for them to stop someone so I can ask for a photo op, but that never happened. Shortly after that the ebayers left and we followed. We never knew who went in that van, though Vanessa's friend thought one of the people was Nicki Minaj. This ended Friday night. 

Vanessa Hudgens

Nikki Reed

Priscilla Presley

Costas Mandylor

John Wesley Shipp

Gary DeCarlo

Daniel Radcliffe

Full list of Friday pre Chiller and Chiller photo ops

Full list of Friday post Chiller photo ops

Now to showcase some autographs from both days:

Spiderman posters and Emma Stone photos

Smurfs photo signed by Neil Patrick Harris

Oz The Great and Powerful photo signed by James Franco

Seann William Scott and Bryan Cranston photos

Naked Gun 2 1/2 poster, the sole autograph obtained at Chiller (now with Leslie Nielsen and Priscilla Presley)

Stay tuned for Saturday and Sunday.



No comments:

Post a Comment