Saturday, May 6, 2017

pre and post Chiller Theater meets

On the way to Chiller me and stop by to try and meet Ronny Cox. He was in awesome movies such as the first Robocop movie and the original Total Recall starring Arnold, among others. We were hoping to get him going in so we don't have to wait till after (as that would throw a wrench in our Chiller mooching plans). 

As we arrive we find out he is inside, but when he was finished with sound check we call for him and he comes over and does combos with us! Success! At that point I was so happy to be driving up to Chiller. 

Photo op

Autographs


We then go to Chiller. See previous report. After resisting the urge to get the Perfect Strangers dual op Saturday afternoon, we bail on Chiller. 

Now there two spots close to one another. Both have people I need. One has Rebecca Hall, Dan Stevens, and Gina Gershwin. The other has Ariel Winter, Clark Duke (Hot Tub Time Machine), Chevy Chase, and Burt Reynolds. Of those I have both Ariel and Burt. But Ariel I got when she was only 13 so this is a worthy update. And Burt I wanted autographs. 

Unfortunately both spots were mega crowded and I couldn't get anything. I didn't have a good rail spot for the Hall/Dan/Gina event so I failed to get them. And at the the other event I got a shitty Ariel autograph. Burt signed a few in his car. Got some randoms in actresses Frances Fisher and Clea Duvall. Not huge but both have been in stuff I've watched so not too shabby. Clea did a photo op with Joresky then told me she'd be back in 15 minutes. 5 minutes later SHE walked up to ME and said "told you I'd be back".

Bailed to the next spot for another chance at Burt/Chevy/Ariel/Clark. As we are going we find out that Ariel and Clark did it for everyone when leaving. But thankfully we had another shot. 

At the new spot there was still a crowd. Burt didn't even come out of his car, Chevy came out and left without doing anything. I managed to update my Ariel shot and I got a combo and extra from Clark. 

Overall failure but didn't leave empty handed. My initial plan was to stay for two more days to try for Dustin Hoffman, but given how bad this day was I decided I would leave the next day instead.

As me and Joresky always say, when all else fails, go to the "easy" show spots. So we rush to make those spots. First is Chris Cooper. Despite being late I manage to grab a good railing spot. I get a combo from him. 

We then go to Sally Field. I have her but thought maybe I could get my Amazing Spiderman 2 poster signed. I mooched some "materials" for me and Joresky to use. The guard told us no photo ops to which Joresky uttered "baby killer" to me. When Sally came out Joresky managed to get her to do a full combo with him. When it was my turn she ignored my poster but signed the program. I ask for a selfie the guard yells no but she says do it while I'm signing. I ignore the guard and get a valid shot. Also got some other names at this spot but I either had them or they were barely valid. 

While Joresky was jumping with joy celebrating his victory, this wasn't much of a victory for me as I had the shot. I can't even call it an upgrade due to the hat she is wearing. We meet up with Martin. We walk to the bus station to use the bathroom. Joresky needed to collect his stuff from my car but Martin stayed at the bus station. I said my goodbyes to Martin and this would be the last time I ever saw or spoke to him in person. As we continued to walk to the car Joresky was still in happiness celebrating Sally Field. After I parted with Joresky I parked my car on the same street as the events that were a bust earlier in the day (as that was where my next endeavors were) and went to sleep. 

Sally Field

Chris Cooper

Clark Duke

Ariel Winter



Wake up, mooch a bathroom at Startbucks, and my main goal is a Susan Sarandon upgrade. I find out that Diane Kruger is due at that very same event. Yes! 

Susan Sarandon arrives and I get her to sign but have to truly plead and beg for the selfie. I get it but then this proves to be a wasted effort cause just after red carpet she does selfies no issue. Then after red carpet she was just walking down the street (to return to the event later)! Ugh the perils of combo hunting. At least his shot is a huge upgrade. Compared to my previous shots with her, it's night and day.

Diane Kruger arrived but she went in quick didn't even do red carpet. So I wait for exits and she finally comes out and I get a photo op. I also get a photo op with actress Sarah Ramos and some barely valids.

Next up is a spot for Martin Scorsese. I have a valid shot but I don't like my photo op. Plus I had 8x10s in the car I could get signed. I go and we line up. Lots of Masters are there and markedout member heelorton shows up with his lady friend. Radioman is also there. 

Sadly he comes in and does nothing for no one as he is running late. Apparently a cab flipped in front of him on the highway. So we have to wait till he leaves, but we find out he is not leaving anytime soon because he is staying for the movie! WTF. This left people unhappy. The bright side of this a lot of people from the audience did not want to wait so they left and this lessened the crowd. 


During that time a random girl wondered why we all had sad faces. Then she realized why (because Martin was taking his time inside). She also expressed interest in meeting Martin. But it was cold so she said she wanted to stay in Starbucks and asked if I could get her when the time came.

Finally the witching hour arrives. Everyone is lined up. I go to Starbucks and tell the girl it's time. She thanks me for this. Heelorton's lady friend is going off on me. I then tell her that my hope is she gets him in a photo op taking mood so that after she gets the op I jump in to get mine. She then lashes out on me saying "why would he take a picture with her? Cause she looks like a hooker". I look at her with this face and respond saying "basically, yes". Sadly, we will never know if my plan would have worked. Because as soon as Martin started signing and the guard said "one per person" the first 2-3 people didn't accept that and got multiples. Martin than ran off as most people got screwed


The girl took a selfie with me on her phone (and sent it to me) after which I left the city in utter disgust. 


No comments:

Post a Comment