Friday, April 19, 2019

March cons: CSA Show and NJ Horror

Still not done with street celeb meets for March, but let's get done with cons during March. First up I would attend CSA show. Sadly one of the names I wanted, namely Tonya Harding, canceled. I was also thinking of a Mike Tyson upgrade but since he was pro op only and had a beard that was promptly scratched off my list. So I was down with two acting names. Michael Beck of Warriors fame and Gianni Russo of Godfather fame. And thankfully they were vendor names so I didn't have to deal with the main part of the show.

I go for Beck and see someone who wants the auto only. We split the combo price and I get the photo op. Then go to Gianni Russo. The handler lets me get a free photo op. Can't beat that. Overall an easy and quick con for me. 

Michael Beck

Gianni Russo


Next up, NJ Horror in Atlantic City. Haven't been there since I went for Johnny Depp. Parking by a hotel was a steep $25 but I found metered parking a short walk away for $3. My main want is actress Frances Lee McCain of Germlins and Patch Adams fame. Got her then saw Road Warrior Animal. I figure no time like the present to upgrade as I don't have any really good shots with him. I asked him to put on the spikes which he did and got a great shot!

Then went for my second biggest want, Jimmy Workman AKA Pugsley Adams. His price was steep but he gave me the full combo for the photo op price so that made it easier to swallow. Then got Mark Patton and Kim Myers of NOES fame. Saw the writer of Happy Death Day, Scott Lobdell. Haven't watched Happy Death Day yet but it looks like I'd enjoy it and Scott's price was right. Free. Got the free photo op and he signed me a picture on his table and gave it to me. I also got the Night of the Demons actresses. Thankfully manage to team up with someone who had multiple autos.

Now I wanted a photo op with Omen child actor Harvey Spencer Stephens. He was $30 an auto free photo op. I was trying to negotiate a photo op for $20. He kept saying things like he's under contract and can't do it (even though he was the only one making decisions at his table). After I try again he gives me a signed personalized 8x10 at his table saying this is a gift from him to prove he can't do a paid photo op at this table (even though he was doing photo ops for people that bought the auto). I am left completely dumb founded as I was trying to give the man some money for an op and he outright rejected it and gave me a free signed 8x10. 

Finally Ari Lehman of F13th fame who was late at his table. But I had a spot in line where I was behind a family of four. I wanted to be done with this con not stay an extra day. So if he didn't show up Friday night I'd be SOL. When he showed up he told me to get to the back but I said I've been waiting and told him I had a long drive back to which he responded he drove from Chicago. When he started he goes "you want a picture, go, quick so you can leave". I promptly get a free photo op and thank him. With that I was on my way.

Frances Lee McCain

Jimmy Workman

Animal

Full list of photo ops

Autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment