Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Heroes and Villians, The Scorpions, and other NYC meets

Couple of days after my huge Angelina defeat, I arrive in NJ for Heroes and Villains. Despite the huge guest list I am fortunate enough to have no interest in paying for repeat meets when I already have a perfect photo op. So my list was down to four people. I got Rick Gonzalez (Wild Dog), Robbie Amell (Firestorm), Maggie Geha (Ivy in Gotham), and Josh Segarra (Adrian Chase). Some lines were long but teaming with NYC combo hunter Wong we were able to hold one another's spots and do some splits. 

After this I rush to NYC as I wanted to get Scorpion band members (Rock you like a Hurricane). Out of the 5 you have 3 valid members (the lead singer and two guitarists) and 2 scrubs. Arrive and the German channel DW is filming. Scorpions come out and do combos. I get photos with all albeit hat/shades ops. 

Next up I go to a spot to wait for Judi Dench but sadly never see her. I then go to spots where I'm at least guaranteed to see people. First I meet up with friends Jimmy, James, and Suzanne, then head to a spot for randoms. Apparently the Red Hot Chilli Peppers were coming here but I have the drummer and the others aren't nice. We leave that spot for the more guaranteed show spots (sure enough the drummer is the only one that stops). 

First stop is actress Melissa Gilbert. Her husband Timothy Busfield from Revenge of the Nerds was watching her show so I got a photo op. Also got an upgrade with Dylan Baker who was also watching the show. Then a couple of barely valids (a little girl and a black guy) and finally Melissa herself. 

After this sweeping success on to another spot where I wanted Stephen McKinley Henderson who I know best from Tower Heist. He is nice as can be and I also get an upgrade with actress Julie White plus a couple of barely valids.

Try for another show for Elizabeth McGovern and Anna Camp but apparently it was cancelled for the day. Then I head back to the Scorpions spot in the hopes to score upgrades, and upgrades I score as I get the 3 main members again, this time much better shots! Go out to a bar with Vanessa the Jersey Shore stalker where I drank a few bears. Sobered up a bit, had some pizza, dropped her home, then left the city. 

Sadly I left prematurely as I found out after the fact about a Judi Dench event the next day. Had I known about it I would have stayed.

Robbie Amell

Maggie Geha

Josh Segarra

Matthias Jabs

Klaus Meine

Rudolf Schenker

Full list of NJ/NYC photo ops part 1

Full list of NJ/NYC photo ops part 2

Scorpions news report from DW featuring yours truly getting a selfie

No comments:

Post a Comment