Thursday, October 19, 2017

Some scattered meets in August and September

In August I tried to go for Roger Waters. I waited at the venue sadly he drove in and did nothing for no one. So I went to another venue to Michelle Branch. Not really a huge want of mine but I do know one song. She was doing a fuck money m&g despite that was nice as can be outside and I got a shades shot. Patrick Carney was also there and I upgraded the shot I got in NYC in the past. 

Roger Waters let out and I waited at a spot I thought he would arrive at, but sadly never saw him. So I rush back to the Michelle Branch spot to try and upgrade my shot to no shades. Again she is nice as can be. Also grabbed some barely valid opening band members. It was a nice feeling to get it free when so many paid money for it. 

Full list of photo ops


Early September I wanted singer and actor Dwight Yoakam. Go to the venue wait for him to leave. We see him WALK to his bus he says he won't do photo ops but will take items in the bus. I get my 3 items done and we try to plead for photo ops with the tour manager. He tells us to get the m&g and we told him truthfully that it was sold out. We said we were ready to pay money right now for photo ops, sadly he refused our money. Wow just wow. 

With that failure I had to go for names I didn't particularly care for but needed my evening to be worthwhile. Go to the next venue 5 minutes away. The main attractions are Slayer drummer Dave Lombardo and Faith No More lead singer Mike Patton. Not really a fan but I do know who they are. 

John Waters was attending the show and I get another photo op with him. Dave Lombardo is mobbed but I get a combo. Mike Patton leaves out a different door but we rush and we get him. Also picked up some barely valids while waiting for them. 

Full list of photo ops

Autographs


A few days later I had the Pat Benetar m&g. I had someone interested in the merch so since I could split it I decided that was the best chance I would ever get for a photo op with her. They wanted to personalize the poster but I ignored the emails asking. I also had train information for Lin-Manuel Miranda. So it made sense to try for him first. I go there and he signs then shuts down autographs. When outside I got another photo op with him though he has hat and shades, a downgrade from my previous shades only shot. 

On to the Pat Benetar m&g, I get my poster non personalized. They wanted to take my name to get them to write it on there but I stated "it's fine the way it is". First Neil Giraldo does the photo ops then Pat Benetar. For whatever reason there was no flash for Neil but flash for Pat. When fixing my hair before the Pat shot she said I looked great. How cool is that!

Lin-Manuel Miranda

Autographs

Neil Giraldo

Pat Benetar

Signed poster


Days after that when driving down from NYC I decided to stop by for a Randy Newman flight. He was cool about combos, but when I got him on a blank his wife wanted it back. WTF! 

Randy Newman

Autograph


Next day I do a flight for someone I failed to get a good photo op with in the past, Joe Walsh. First time I got a garbage shot, second time a blurry shot. So I set out to break that curse. I go away from the rest of the graphers, I see him, ask him for the photo op, and he happily agrees! YES curse broken! Then immediately someone runs up to ask for an auto but he denies. He exits and more graphers are waiting. One guy manages to get him to stop with his air force uniform and I get my album signed. I will never go for Joe Walsh again for the rest of my life.

Joe Walsh

Autograph


Next a day where I have 3 flights. First up actor John Carroll Lynch who has been in movies such as Face/Off, Gran Torino, Shutter Island, Ted 2, among others. Sadly I found that flight late so didn't have time to print. But he was nice as can be. 

Later in the day I went for director/producer Reginald Hudlin. I saw him, and he is shocked someone is stopping him at an airport. Told him "I bet you don't get harassed at an airport too often" he said he didn't and said that this is so amazing. Signed and took photos no problem.

Then it was off to the main event of the day, Marvel actor Chadwick Boseman. He signed for us but sadly ignored requests for a photo op. I tried pleading to no avail he goes "I don't take pictures at the airport. Even waited till he left the building to ask but no dice. 

Not deterred I went to the event the next evening. I missed entries by 5 minutes but he signed and ignored photo ops. Waited for exits where he again ignored my pleas for a photo op. But I got more autos from Reginald Hudlin. I also saw a woman take photo ops. Had no idea who it was at the time but got the shot. Turns out it's singer Andra Day.

John Carroll Lynch

Reginald Hudlin

Andra Day

Autographs


Another evening I go for singer John Waite. I was on the fence at first but decided to do it. When he exits he is nice as can be. 

John Waite

Autographs


End of September I went for Chris Hillman of The Byrds. He came out and was nice as can be. Also got the barely valids. 

Photo ops

Autographs


To round up September I embarked to get Harrison Ford yet again. The day starts when I pick up a NYC Master and friend from the train station. We head to his hotel where lots of combo hunters are waiting (many who just got him in NYC). 

The hotel has a driveway and when everyone stood there the employees were chasing people out. Harrison Ford does nothing. 

Rush to the venue where people line up. Ford starts signing. I manage to get two Star Wars laserdiscs signed by George Lucas. He does one single photo op with an old lady and most everyone gets at least one auto.

We wait for exits but sadly he sneaks out. 

Autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment