Monday, January 8, 2024

The long agonizing weekend in December

Day 1

Ahead was my most dreaded weekend of December. Before dabbing with anything related to that, I would go for football player Joe Theismann. He was also in a couple of movies so I thought why not. Wait for him at the airport and he did the combo for me. Nice guy.

I went to the next spot to see if I could get singer St Vincent. I saw Joe Walsh leave but didn't need him at that point. Never saw St Vincent but we think she snuck out the other side.

Next up to the train station for Lin Manuel Miranda. I've met him before so this was basically for autographs. Got my items done. He did ops but I waited to go last and by that time he wasn't in the op mood so mine didn't come out. It's ok as I have ops from before. Later on in the day I would find out during that time at another spot people got Barry Gibb coming in. My top want for the weekend. That hurt bad at the time. 

Next up I go to another spot for Billy Crystal coming in. As he is in the van I barely manage to get two autographs. One on an 8x10 and another on my Monsters Inc DVD already signed by John Goodman. I have an op from before so this was a success! 

Queen Latifah flew in and on the same light was Bob Costas and Rob Reiner. Never got Bob and needed autos from the rest. But I wasn't there. I did intercept Rob at another spot and got autographs. Checked out another spot and went home to rest up for a long weekend. 

Joe Theismann

Full list of day 1 photo ops


Day 2

Start my trek early and it started slow. First get Chloe Bailey (update). Then composer Marc Shaiman (fresh) who actually seems like a decent name cause he did music for quite a few movies.

Then I got ops with Cynthia Erivo (repeat), Jamila Mustafa (fresh), Bob Costas who has been in some movies (fresh, plus auto). Saw Ariana DeBose this time got 8x10s done, no need for another op).

Then Barry Gibb, Queen Latifah, RenĂ©e Fleming, Dionne Warwick, and Billy Crystal all showed up. Dionne and Renee ignored both ways (sadly need a Dionne op and autos). But on exit I managed to get Queen Latifan and Billy Crystal to sign for me. Would have liked a better Queen Latifah shot but wasn't able to get one. Billy Crystal wasn't trying to do ops but it's ok I have a great one. Then the man of the hour for the whole weekend, the lead singer and sole survivor of the Bee Gees, Barry Gibb. My heart broke when he first went on the side opposite me and did combos. But thankfully he came to my side and I got a great op plus my two vinyls done! SUCCESS! 

After that I got names I largely wasn't familiar with. Going in I got 2 members of the Clark sisters namely Karen and Dorinda. Both fresh. Also got MC Lyte (repeat), Monie Love (fresh), Yo - Yo (fresh), D-Nice (repeat). Missy Elliott was around but we never saw her as she snuck out. Clive Davis declined (have the op but needed autos).

Leaving I got Jacky of the Clark sisters (fresh) but Twinkie (who is on a wheelchair) wouldn't stop. I also got a combo with actress Kerry Washington (repeat).  

The country group Little Big Town left and refused to stop. This was a waste of an extra 2 hours and that ended the evening. 

Barry Gibb

Full list of day 2 photo ops


Day 3

Next day starts with Jay Leno (update and autographs), Mickey Guyton (update), Sheila E (update), Tituss Burgess (update), Christine Baranski (update and autographs), Debbie Allen (update), and Whoopi Goldberg (update and 4 VHS tapes signed).

Also got Chloe Flower (fresh), Lin Manuel Miranda again. Got him to sign and do an op. But two scumbags deliberately photo bombed me (it's ok I have ops from before). Also got Rob Reiner to sign for me again. 

There were sadly some failures. One was watching Robert Deniro and Gloria Estefan signing in the other side and skipping my side. Have them both but needed autos. Actress Dove Cameron declined ops. This would have been a fresh op. And Clive Davis declined some more. Twinkie of the Clark sisters also declined the whole day.

The next phase of the day begins in the evening. This phase is usually horrible and most everyone declines. But I actually got some coin despite this. I got Michelle Lee (update), Jennifer Crystal Foley (Billy Crystal's daughter, fresh name and actually a valid actress), Ashley Gibb (fresh, one of Barry Gibb's sons), Michael Buble (update), and a Queen Latifah autograph.

A combo hunter then noticed a car sneaking at another door, we went to that door and it was Robert Deniro! I got him to sign me an 8x10 before he shut it down. Dave Chappelle was also there but he wouldn't sign my 8x10s and I didn't need another op with him. So I just helped out another combo hunter get a vinyl signed. 

On to the last phase of the evening, I would do pretty solid. First, I finally got Twinkie Clark. She goes "he's been asking me for a photo all day". And she agrees to do ops as long as the wheel chair doesn't show. Then I upgraded my ops with the other Clark sisters, Jacky, Dorinda, and Karen (they are all dolled up now compared to yesterday). Also got dolled up grades with Kerry Washington, Yo Yo, and Mickey Guyton. Got a photo op with Ego Nwodim of SNL fame (update). 

Meg Ryan came out and did no ops but I scored an autograph on my Harry Met Sally 8x10 that I got Billy Crystal on. Glady Knight came out and was actually stopping. I have two ops with her. One sub par op and one great op. So I had no need for a photo op. I got my 8x10s done and I let others get the op. 

Dionne Warwick somehow did one photo op with someone who pleaded with her but did nothing else. I scored an autograph from Amy Grant. She barely did that thankfully I didn't need an op. Sigourney Weaver wasn't doing ops but I managed to get a VHS tape and Alien blu ray done. 

Dove Cameron sadly snuck out. When D-Nice came out with actress Jennifer Freeman (who is an actress) I tried asking Jennifer for an op but she looked at me like I was insane and just ignored me.

I would also get more ops I'm not familiar with. Namely Grandmaster Caz, Sway, Heather B, and Rapsody (final fresh street op of 2023). My final street combo of 2023 would be an update with Gloria Estefan who racked it out as I got 3 CDs done. 

Jennifer Crystal Foley

Kerry Washington

Full list of day 3 photo ops part 1

Full list of day 3 photo ops part 2


Now let's take a look at the autographs obtained the last 3 days:

Autograph haul part 1

Autograph haul part 2

Autograph haul part 3

Autograph haul part 4

Autograph haul part 5

No comments:

Post a Comment