Monday, July 20, 2026

Jason Bullock's last ever con, and Jason Bullock's last ever meet

April would see the death of my long-time buddy Jason Bullock, who ended up succumbing to heart disease at 72. In this report will visit his last ever con and his last ever meet.  

His last ever con would be Steel City Con. Drove him there and he spent over 1K on autographs for around 10 celebrities, most notably his one of his favorite actresses, Patrica Arquette. 

My first get there is one of my main wants, actor Josh Duhamel from the Transformers movies. Then get drummer Rikki Rockett of Poison fame, which now means I completed the band.

Then I got Karla DeVito from the Bonkers cartoon, Allen Covert from Adam Sandler movies, and one of my other main wants from the show, Lori Loughlin of Full House fame. This practically completes my Full House cast minus the Olsen Twins. 

Then get actor Ty Simpkins from Jurassic World, finally after many years of skipping I got Tom Kenny AKA SpongeBob, then move to get some of the artists on site. 

Back to the main guests I got a free update with Doug Bradley AKA Pin Head and an upgrade with Child's Play director Don Mancin. Then get actress Emma Kenney (Shameless, Rosanne). My final photo op at Steel City was Corey Taylor from Slip Knot. 

Jason with Patrica Arquette

Josh Duhamel

Lori Loughlin

Full list of photo ops


Jason's final meet would be at the airport the Wednesday before Chiller Theater. We went for actor Andy Serkis. Traveling with him was his wife Lorraine Ashbourne who is also an actress. We see them and I explain to Andy that Jason is in bad shape and that he may be his final in person autograph (which sadly turned out to be true). 

While Jason was getting his stuff together, I got a photo op with Lorraine and I got Andy to sign my stuff. Andy then signed Jason's book and I prepped for them to take a picture. As Andy posed, I signaled to Lorraine to join the photo op which she promptly did (this was the quickest I've ever seen any celebrity enter a photo op). I took the photo with all 3 then I got an update with Andy. We thanked them all and they were on their way.

Jason would sadly die 3 days later, the Saturday of Chiller Theater. 

Jason obtains his final autograph

Jason's final photo op

Lorraine Ashbourne

Andy Serkis

Autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment