In mid May, I would spend the week in NYC and do the festivities of the televisions. I arrived late the day before, I commandeered my parking spot for the whole week, I slept, and I got up.
Since I had a little bit of time to kill, my first stop was entries for the "easy" NYC show spot. And my goal is Nathan Lane who has denied me every time I saw him for the last 10-15 years. I wait and eventually he pulls up to the car. He wasn't trying to stop but I plead for the selfie, and he BARELY does it as he rushed in. It's not the best, but I finally have a valid shot with Nathan Lane! A great start to my NYC week.
Go to the first hotel for the week, starts with Michaela McManus (updated shades shot), Jane Levy, Peter Krause, Jake Johnson. Jamie Lee Curtis arrives I get a horrible selfie but it's ok I have a good shot with her from her book signing years ago.
I then get actress Gemma Chan from Crazy Rich Asians (shades sadly) then decide to bail on this spot for another one. In doing so I missed actress Jaime Murray who was there randomly.
Didn't get too much at the next spot. Nina Marie Daniele, upgrade with Sam Witwer (Darth Maul in Star Wars cartoons), and updates with Gordon Ramsay and Joel McHale. This ended my first night.
Day 2 starts off on a good note at the last spot of the prior evening. I got a photo op with British actor/comedian Stephen Fry. Then got an update with Stephen Amell, fresh photo with Noah Beck and updates with both Jerry O'Connell and Michael Imperioli. Walked to another hotel and saw baseball player Spencer Torkelson and got a photo.
Then to an event where access was horrible, but I got a photo op that has alluded me for a long time, Johnny Knoxville of Jackass fame (and also WWE). He even took a polaroid of me and handed it to me. On exits I got Molly Parker (update), Thaddeus LaGrone (fresh), Noah Beck again, Brooks Nader (Baywatch suited update), Alex Rodriguez fresh but subpar photo op, Annie Potts update, Johnny Knoxville improved photo, fresh photos with Hassie Harrison and Jessica Belkin, and a Shay Mitchell update.
Both Patrick Dempsy and Livvy Dunne were stopping but since I have good shots with both from before I didn't bother to fight for them. Went to another spot and saw Alex Rodriguez again. This time I got a better shot Saw others I had seen earlier and didn't bother to get them again. Final spot for the evening was a complete bust. I got a photo op with DJ Diplo but then I bailed on it in favor of McDonalds. But I heard the Off Campus cast and Shaboozey and did nothing.
Day 3 was big in quantity but also big in disappointments. I start at the first spot for the day which was an error. Because this spot pretty much everyone I got was repeat. There was another spot I could have had Kit Harington who was there randomly (need a better shot with him) and other names I didn't have. Big botch.
Next spot was another botch. Randomly there was actress Rosaraio Dawson. I got a sub-par shot with her (it's ok I have many shots with her) and she left. I had arrived early to get a good place in the railing and turns out it wasn't the best. I got some names then moved to a better spot where more people were being had but then the setup changed after I got there and I was completely screwed. Missed many names such as Tiffani Amber-Thiessen who I have and Gabourey Sidibe (Precious) who I needed a better photo with. I did get lots of names some repeats some fresh. One name I got was William Reeve, the son of Christopher Reeve who appeared in the new Superman movie. Wow he looks so much like his father. Got Chris Carmack from Grey's Anatomy among others.
Nathan Fillion and Tom Hiddleston both took care of everyone when they left but I already have them. Amongst my misses were actresses Camilla Luddington and Jessica Capshaw. I missed them because I was in the wrong spot earlier in the day. In this spot I missed them because of my setup SNAFU, and in the case of Jessica I even missed her last year. When they exited they did nothing. So I wasn't having it.
I hopped in a cab to beat them to their hotel. The cab took a bad turn and a garbage truck was blocking it! What the hell? Eventually I got to their hotel and saw them both taking photos with fans. A complete 180 from how they behaved at the previous spot. I ran out the cab and managed to score photos with both! I also got a better shot with Chris Carmack.
After this I left the spot and missed Jason Winston George but I had him.
Full list of Day 3 photo ops Part 1
Full list of Day 3 photo ops Part 2
Full list of Day 3 photo ops Part 3
Day 4 starts at the hotel where I ended Day 3, but then went to another spot. I got M Night Shyamalan update plus an autograph. Got Kevin Sussman (fresh) and Lauren Lapkus (update). The setup was bad so I bailed and went back to the hotel to get the people coming back instead of putting up with the bad setup. This was an error because I missed actor Morgan Spector who would not come back to the hotel.
I got Grant Show (update), John Ross Bowie (update), Noah Wyle (update), Katherine LaNasa (fresh), William Stanford Davis (update), author Rachel Reid (fresh), Brian Posehn (fresh), Camilla Luddington again (Jessica Capshaw was also with her but didn't bother getting a shades shot), Jesse Palmer (fresh), and finally Francois Arnaud (update). This officially ended events and hotels related to the Festivities of the Televisions.
Go to the next spot for the cast of Testament to make up for some misses from the prior day. For entries I got Ann Dowd who I had gotten the prior day and in the past. Rowan Blanchard just walked in and declined. I said, "on the way out?" but she didn't reply. The others came in a van and didn't stop. For exits I got Chase Infiniti who I missed the day prior due to my bad positioning. I got Lucy Halliday who I had gotten the prior day, and then I ran over and got Rowan Blanchard as she was leaving. This was the one I wanted the most since she was in Girl Meets World. I was the only one to get her! Sadly, wasn't able to get Mattea Conforti.
Went to the final spot for the evening which was the hotel for Nicolas Cage. I did not bother at the event which was a mob scene. The hotel also had a front and a back.
There was a chance he would not come back to the hotel, and there was a chance he could come to the back IF he did.
On the witching hour, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw his car actually pull up. It felt like something magical happened. He comes out says "hey guys" and was mobbed. In the chaos I manage to not only upgrade my photo op (no hoodie, no facial hair, nothing) but I also get the full combo!
The autograph is horrid looking and on a blank, but hey he signed it and it's a valid Nicolas Cage autograph. Considering the odds were so stacked against me, I'm happy to even have an autograph to complain about.
There was another spot with some of his Spider Noir co-stars Branden Gleeson and Lukas Haas. In all my excitement I didn't think of going there and trying. PUNCH!
With the Festivities of the Televisions in the rear-view mirror, I start at a spot but all I see is Brian Ray from Paul McCartney's touring band. Then I go to a spot for the Dexter: Resurrection cast. My only want there is actor Jack Alcott. First get is Eric Stonestreet. He looked at me and claimed to have remembered taking a picture with me before. I confirmed it was true. If his memory is legit, he has a really good memory because my last photo with him was pre COVID. Then I got Jack Alcott who was very nice and then an update with David Zayas. Michael C Hall didn't stop going in but thankfully I have him and was able to leave this spot.
I stopped by the model/fashion spot where I planned to spend most of the rest of the evening. I got Bethenny Frankel but the photo op was blurry. Thankfully with ai this is no longer the death sentence it once was. Left this spot to go to a signing for Mike Ness, the lead singer of Social Distortion. It was sold out but I waited for him to leave and managed to successfully plead for a photo op despite his handler trying to stop me.
Go to an "easy" show spot where my main wants are Michael Cyril Creighton and Sarita Choudhury. I see someone waiting there I thought he was a grapher. I asked him if the show ended. He said no and he is waiting for it to end so he can sleep on the steps. Apparently, he is homeless. I wait some more and it seems like it was never going to end even to a point where the homeless guy left and came back and asked me if it ended yet.
Finally, it did end. Wait for actors to come out. First I get Michael Cyril Creighton who is nice then Sarita Choudhury who is also super nice. The next actresses to come out I already have, but I get updates. I get Daphne Rubin-Vega and Jennifer Tilly, both of which are their usual friendly selves. Now it's back to my model/fashion spot and another show lets out as I come back. I get a quick update with Adrian Brody.
Next, I get a whole bunch of models and amongst them I get an upgrade with actress Tiffany Haddish and I get rappers Fetty Wap and A Boogie Wit da Hoodie. Saw Rob Gronkowski but didn't need to fight for another photo op with him.
They also gave bags of Raising Caine's Chicken which they gave out to people waiting. I got two bags worth of free food. After the last photo op ended the evening, I went back to the show spot where the homeless guy had set camp. I saw his stuff on the theater's steps, but he wasn't there. I left him 2 boxes of Raising Caine's Chicken and a note telling him who put it there. After that I walked to my car to sleep.
Full list of Day 5 photo ops Part 1
Full list of Day 5 photo ops Part 2
Day 6 and my final day starts with two actors from Off Campus. Ella Bright and Belmont Cameli come out and I get fresh photo ops with each. Then I go to an award event focused on theater. I get lots of names but mostly names I had.
On entries I got James Carpinello (upgrade), Patrick Wilson (update), Caroline Aaron (update), Frankie Grande (fresh), Bryan Cranston (update), Carrie Coon (update), NIcholas Christopher (fresh), Alex Brightman (upgrade), Michael Kelly (update), Kara Young (upgrade), Kristin Chenoweth (upgrade), and Christopher Abbott (update).
At the distance at a hotel I saw Chad Smith of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. He was his usual friendly self and I got another combo. Back to the pervious place I got Jane Krakowski (update), George Whipple III (fresh), and Joe Mantello (update).
While waiting I also randomly saw graphers Mitchell Wenig and Stewart Wenig who were both in the movie Uncut Gems (during the fake Rolex scenes). I met Mitchell before never met Stewart. I got a dual selfie. Then got Victor Garber (upgrade) and Nichelle Lewis (fresh).
Ruben Santiago did one going in. Missed him leaving. Didn't see Lea Michelle. Sucks cause I needed both of them.
John Lithgow was a dick and didn't stop but thankfully I didn't need him.
On exit I barely got Ethan Slater (fresh) leaving whom I missed going in. Said he had to pick up his child from school I said I would walk with you which I did. Then got Ben Vereen (update), Christopher Abbott again, Kerry Butler (update), Alden Ehrenreich (upgrade), Ayo Edebiri (fresh), and Jesse Tyler Ferguson (update).
My biggest miss here was actress Bebe Neuwirth whom I never got. When she left, I ran after her and begged and pleaded but she declined photos and said she would sign for me. I said I had nothing to get signed she then said next time she sees me she will sign for me. I gave up on the photo then said I had a blank she could sign she literally stopped walking. She even said she wanted to check if she had a sharpie, I said I have one. She signed a blank for me no problem. I find it incredible that she went out of her way to give me an auto but wouldn't want to take a photo. She also signed for another grapher who ran up after he saw she stopped for me. He tried to force a selfie but failed.
Left this spot and when to a signing with baseball player Darryl Strawberry. It was over but as he left his event I managed to score a selfie. Then I hit the "easy" show spot for entries.
Wait for entries I see actress Rachael Stirling and get the photo. I see Aya Cash with shades but I have no need to bother her. I see John Lithgow come in but I don't even bother asking. Bradley Dean is there randomly seeing friends and I get a photo op. It is looking bleak as I don't see Elliot Levey but when it's almost time for him to be there he finally shows up and is nice.
Go to a spot for the movie Jack Ryan: Ghost War. Sadly I mainly got people I had and didn't get people I didn't have. Got John Krasinski (update), JJ Feild (update), and Krystal Joy Brown (fresh). Didn't see Betty Gabriel and Max Beesley didn't come over. Sienna Miller was there but didn't need her.
For the next "easy" show spot I go to Brooklyn and meet up with markedout admin Greg2600. After it lets out, I found out that my main want Alistair Petrie (Rogue One) left the play and has been replaced by the understudy. PUNCH. I got Ayesha Dharker who played the Queen of Naboo in Attack of the Clones and dwarf actress Francesca Mills. Also got other people in the show. Greg spotted actor Robert Glenister who was there to see his son perform. Got the photo op. Left Brooklyn and back to midtown to check out another spot for Jack Ryan. As I fumbled how to get there and walked there I saw Betty Gabriel walk in her car from the distance. PUNCH. After that I walked to my car and this ended my time in NYC.
Full list of Day 6 photo ops Part 1
Full list of Day 6 photo ops Part 2
Now let's look at some autographs obtained:
No comments:
Post a Comment