April begins with a pre NYC/Chill Out signing with musician Bill Callahan. He was cool and I got the photo op before heading out to NYC.
A few days after chill out I went for the Godfather of Rockabillly, Jim Heath AKA The Reverend Horton Heat. After the show he was nice and did the combo. Got some barely valids as well.
Jim Heath AKA The Reverend Horton Heat
Next day went for the band Luna. My main want from there is actually not an original member of the band. It's voice actress Britta Phillips from the 80s Jem cartoon. Her husband Dean Wareham is an original member of the band, Sean Eden was there since the second album, and Lee Wall joined much later. Arrived and get the opener Jeffrey Lewis and Lee Wall.
Then outside I got Lee Wall then finally Dean and Britta who were both nice as can be. Sweeping success!
A few days later I go for actor and comedian Ron Funches. After his show I got the photo op.
Around mid-April I made a quick trip to Books and Greetings in Jersey for a book signing with Law and Order actor Mark Harmon. Got the photo op with him and author Leon Carroll Jr. I also got Mark to sign a magazine for me.
Mark Harmon and Leon Carroll Jr
The next day I went to a Mega Church where they had various artists of Christian music and gospel music. I wanted 90-year-old Bill Gaither. Sadly, never saw him at the merch tables or leaving the venue. But got a bunch of other names.
Next day starts with a flight of an actress I failed on in NYC many years ago. Namely, Patricia Heaton (Everybody Loves Raymond, Beethoven). We see her and she is seemingly freaked out we were at the airport. She is rough and barely does a photo op. Would not sign. Thankfully I scored a satisfactory shot.
Go to another flight for actor David Boreanaz. He is again rough around the edges but thankfully I didn't need to ask for a photo op. I got an 8x10 signed.
Final flight for the day is for Candace Cameron and her husband Valeri Bure. Both were very nice and did multi combos.
Later that same evening I went to a venue for the band Crack the Sky. Everyone there is either original or core. I arrive and not 3 minutes later the first person walks out. I got band members Bobby Hird, John Palumbo, Joey D'Amico, Rick Witkowski, Joe Macre all of which were nice as can be.
Next day was the "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" improv. I got the main people from that in the past but this time they had Gary Anthony Williams AKA Bebop whom I missed in the past. Saw him come out the van at the hotel and he is super nice. I also got Jeff B Davis who I didn't get at that improv show the last time as I was busy getting Joel Murray and Ryan Stiles (who I didn't bother getting this time).
Next day to an event with former child actor Nathan Gamble from Dolphin's Tale 1&2. Waited for him outside but never saw him. Went inside the venue and by luck bumped into him. He was very nice.
Towards the end of the month waited at a venue for Lenny Kaye (who is with Patti Smith's band), Jimmie Dale Gilmore (country singer who was in The Big Lebowski) and Dave Alvin (The Blasters). Have Lenny need the other two.
Wait at the venue and get Lenny and Dave both of whom are nice but sadly we are kicked out before we can get Jimmie.
Next day at a government building I scored a very good name. Jensen Huang who is the founder of Nvidia. I have been a user of Nvidia graphics cards since I started getting into computers in the 90s. So meeting the guy who started this was quite surreal. He was cool and also signed.
Also got Marc Benioff and Robert Kraft. Could not get Tim Cook going in but I also have him. Checked another spot but it was a dud. Came back to the original spot to get people leaving. Got Anthony Pratt, Tim Cook update (this time his face is slimmer), Ainsley Earhardt, and Bret Baier.
At the end of April I would go to the airport to get some AEW names. My first one is someone I never met before and in fact failed on the last time I tried for him at the airport, Kazuchika Okada. He was cool about photo ops but declined autographs.
I also got photo ops with Brody King (update), Tony Schiavone (update), Edge (update), Lance Archer (upgrade), and Ace Austin (fresh). Also saw Andrade and Goldust but didn't need them. Then I went to a flight for Taz as I needed him on my CS figure. He sees us and goes "stop following me, what do you want". We ask for autos he does one each. Didn't need the photo. Saw Maxwell Jacob Friedman on the same flight and got an update (and downgrade) with him.
Final AEW get was an update with Christian. He wasn't in the mood but still did the photo and didn't sign. I can never say I had a bad experience meeting Christian, but this was the worst of all my times meeting him. Props to him for still being nice after 30 or so years.
After getting some sleep I went to a venue later that evening for former lead guitarist of the Scorpions, Uli Jon Roth. He was in many of their early albums in the 70s but not in their hit "Rock You Like a Hurricane". After the show I got the photo op and autographs.
No comments:
Post a Comment