Saturday, September 14, 2024

Fan Expo Philadelphia in May

In early May I would attend Fan Expo in Philly. My main wants were animator Don Bluth, Cameron Monaghan (one of the only major characters from Gotham I had yet to meet) and Gina Carano (The Mandalorian).

I got to downtown philly, managed to commandeer my free parking spot, and get in the venue. When I arrived many people I wanted were not at their table so that complicated matters. Lines were much bigger than I expected. And they weren't moving. I had to juggle multiple lines with the help of multiple friends and allies. So it was multiple held spots and jumping from line to line. for a time I even thought I wouldn't get everyone I wanted. But I split most names and got what I set to get. 

First off, legendary animator Don Bloth, who was responsible for classics such as All Dogs Go To Heaven, Thumbelina, Anastasia, and more. Looks fantastic for 87. 

Then I got Garrett Hedlund (Tron Legacy, Troy), Eman Esfandi (Ezra Bridger in Ahsoka), Rainn Wilson (The Office), and finally got to Cameron Monaghan who had a long ass line. 

Gina Carano was looking like a pro op only deal but thankfully she ended up doing table ops. Ended my time at the con with Oscar Nunez (The Office, The Lost City, among others).

Don Bluth

Garrett Hedlund

Eman Esfandi

Rainn Wilson

Cameron Monaghan

Gina Carano

Oscar Nunez

No comments:

Post a Comment