Thursday, August 29, 2024

Some Scattered Meets Throughout April

On a day I had a couple of good events to cover. First one was related to the movie The Long Game. Arrive at the hotel and get Cheech Martin update photo op. He said he is running late and doesn't sign. But leaving he does sign. Then I got actor Julian Works. He didn't have a wikipedia at the time but now he does. And then Jay Hernandez arrives and is nice. Great name but sadly I have him, so it didn't do much for me. Waited for actress Paulina Chávez but sadly never saw her. 

However it turns out the wife of Jay is actress Daniella Deutscher, and she was actually with him there. Didn't realize it on the spot. But as luck would have it, they were having dinner at the restaurant of the hotel. Waited a bit and as she was walking, I got the op, and she was nice as can be. 

On to the next spot for an event related to Different World. Lots of names I have were there, but lots of names I didn't have. The spot wasn't the best so I could be selective on who I would ask. 

First get is a good one. Tempestt Bledsoe AKA Vanessa Huxtable from The Cosby Show. I have an op from 2011 in NYC but I wanted an upgrade. Shockingly she looks unchanged from 2011 to 2024. Maybe it's the makeup.

Names I scored that I didn't have included Glynn Turman, Kadeem Hardison, and Karen Malina White. 

Names I saw and didn't ask since I have them included Cree Summer, Dawnn Lewis, and Jasmine Guy. 

Names I needed and missed because I got kicked out the property included Darryl M. Bell and Charnele Brown.

To redeem those misses I went to the next spot in the hopes I'd see them, but it was simply Cree Summer and her entourage having dinner. So the spot was worthless to wait at. This ended my evening. 

Despite some misses, a successful night. 

Daniella Deutscher

Tempestt Bledsoe

Full list of photo ops

Autographs


Next day I try another evening event where randoms could show up. But no one good showed up. I got an op JP Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon. But I did get a good autograph score, namely Tim Cook (didn't need to ask for another op).

Tim Cook autographs


Around mid April I go to a paid signing for actress Sheryl Lee from Twin Peaks and One Tree Hill. After her q&a she set up a table where I found someone to split a combo price. Her op was slightly distanced but good enough.

Sheryl Lee


Next day go to the airport for singer Martha Wash. The only living original member of The Weather Girls (It's Raining Men). While waiting see basketball player Dennis Scott. So I got the op. Finally see Martha. She was a little shaken at being stopped at the airport. But she did the op and did 1 or 2 autos before shutting it down.

Dennis Scott

Martha Wash

Autographs


On my way back from Jersey I stop by a venue for singer Action Bronson. Never really heard of him buy made sense to stop. He greeted the crowd and did multi combos.

Action Bronson

Autographs


Next up a music event. My main wants were an upgrade with Sharyl Crow, singer Patti Austin, and producer Mark Ronson.

First, I get the duo War and Treaty again. They are nice as always. I also get an auto from them. Then Candiace Dillard Bassett and Patti Austin who is nice. Score! After that J Ivy and Mark Ronson plus autos! Score!

I get an update with record producer Jimmy Jam, plus Kenyon Dixon, John Cornyn, and an update with Rapsody. Sheryl Crow enters wearing shades. I let others get her as I didn't need another shades shot. Singer Lauren Daigle blanks. 

I leave and come back and see Lauren Daigle again. Apparently, she left and came back. I plead for the op to no avail despite having her 1 on 1! 

Exits were practically a fail. Lauren Daigle blank again. Shery Crow exists no shades and a plead for the op to no avail. I get Leon Thomas, Max Baca, Peter Stroud, and Jeff Gitelman plus another Mark Ronson auto.

Patti Austin

Mark Ronson

Autographs

Full list of photo ops

No comments:

Post a Comment