In the first half of July, I would attend Shore Leave in Lancaster, PA. My main want there is David Hewlet who was in the movie Cube. I wish more people from that movie would do cons. Then I saw a table for Battlestar Galactica actor Jack Stauffer. Sadly, due to his health he was a virtual guest. He "appeared" on both a screen and laptop. Pre signed photos were $40.
A woman invited me to say hi and take a selfie which I did mainly for content. He tried to say it's $20 for a selfie but we had left the table. She told him next time.
Then I got Marta Kristen from Lost in Space. Already had her but she did free photos with props, so I thought why not. Saw author Dayton Ward walking around and got him. Then got Julie Caitlin Brown from Babylon 5. Then got Sean Kenney who was in a couple of episodes of the original Star Trek series and stuntwoman Sandra Gimpel who was in both the original and next generation series. This ended my time at the con.
Full list of Shore Leave photo ops
Towards the end of the month I attended GalaxyCon in Raleigh. I wasn't going to go as there was very little for me there, but a buddy of mine needed my help driving. So, I thought why not. First, I get is one of my main wants at that con, Superman artist Kerry Gammill. I got the photo op but had nothing for him to sign which is just as well because he was $25 an autograph. An unusually high price for a comic book name.
Most people I get at this con would be the free comic book names as I didn't need much else from the con. I got Kez Wilson then went to Brett Breeding where I paid him $5 to sign my Superman #75, the iconic Death of Superman comic book. Not sure why I didn't get that signed before. But now I gotta get Dan Jurgens again so he can complete it. Also got a free updated photo with him. Then got Ralph Macchio (the artist, not actor), JM DeMatteis, Bob Budiansky, Bob Hall, Ron Marz, Christopher Priest, and David Michelinie.
Went to the celeb area and got an upgrade with actress Lizzy Caplan from Mean Girls, Steve Burns (fresh), and Angela Kinsey (update).
Back to the comic book names I got John Jackson Miller, Wade Von Grawbadger, DG Chichester, and Ron Wilson.
Amongst the wrestling names there was Kofi Kingston. I already met Kofi several times over the years, but my New Day photo op from 2016 went semi viral on the Internet in 2018 in lists dubbed "awkward wrestling photos with fans". When I saw Xavier and Big E since that photo went viral I showed them the photo op and the lists. Xavier didn't have much of a reaction, but Big E goes "oh we made a list? I like, I like".
This time I decided to show Kofi. After he took a photo op with a paying customer I went up to him and I showed him the photo op and the list and told him the story how it went viral, he got a kick out of it and goes "wow look at us, that was long ago". I told him yes and it was Baltimore. Then we shook hands and parted ways as he took his next paying customer.
Later in the day as I was leaving the con I run into Kofi with his wife, his 2 sons, and his daughter. I then ask Kofi if this was his son who was at Wrestlemania he confirmed it and then pointed to his other son and says him too. I then proceed to ask his sons for a photo op as I told him I've met their father but never them. They both happily posed and I thanked them all and we were on our way. Two rare one off Wrestlemania names ended my time at Galaxy con.
Khi Sarkodie-Mensah and Orion Kingsley Sarkodie-Mensah
Full list of Galaxy Con photo ops part 1
Full list of Galaxy Con photo ops part 2
No comments:
Post a Comment