Early in August I do a flight for singer and actress Becky G. She is rushed but does photos and signs. Sadly, she is wearing hat and shades.
A day after my WWE and Tommy Tutone airport runs (already reported), wanted to get more music names from the same event with Tommy Tutone. But first stop was a flight for country signer Jordan Davis. He comes in and is nice as can be. Randomly see basketball player Kelly McCarty and get a photo with him.
Checked the venue but it was a little late. Only got one of the barely valids from Flock of Seagulls. Then had a flight for economist Arthur Laffer who created the Laffer curve. Actually a solid historical name.
Went to the airport and the flight got delayed. But eventually he canceled his reservation. PUNCH. But while waiting for him we found out RFK Jr is coming in. Got a photo op with him (fresh). Then went to the venue.
The venue was pretty solid between entries and exits. First got Colin Doroschuk and Ivan Doroschuk from Men Without Hats. I've gotten Ivan before, but Colin is Ivan's brother who is an original member of Men Without Hats! Very rare! He played on their most known song "Safety Dance" although he left the band by the time of their second hit, "Pop Goes the World".
Animotion leave next alongside The Escape Club. I get a photo with Trevor Steel from the Escape Club and get an updated photo with Astrid Plane. Bill remembered me from the airport. Next up, the producers. All four are original members. Bryan Holmes comes out and I get a photo op. He drives into the alleyway of the venue to pick up the other members. Car drives out and they stop for me. He says I have to get the others via the car. And I did. Everyone was super nice.
Tommy Tutone leaves and I get original member Jimmy James to sign the photo Tommy signed for me plus a photo op. He really liked the photo I had him sign and goes "oh wow". Also get a dual shot with Tommy Heath and Jimmy James but that came out blurry as it was rushed since Tommy was annoyed with us. Thomas Dolby then enters and got a photo op. Already have him but this is different as he is suited. Mike Score of Flock of Seagulls left in a car but didn't need to bother him.
At this point we start being yelled at and bullied but we fire back that we are on the sidewalk. They threaten to call the cops on us, but no cops ever come. Although there is very little to be had at this point. There were band members of Thomas Dolby such as Divinity Roxx and some Lost Toy People members. Bow Wow Wow was there to be had but the only original member is bassist Leigh Gorman who I needed. They ended up taking Bow Wow Wow's van inside the alley way. But at this point we decided to bail as there was little let to be had. While here also missed an opportunity for former UK PM Boris Johnson at a spot. Looking back, I kinda wish we stayed and got more people at the venue, but I can't complain with my haul.
Colin Doroschuk and Ivan Doroschuk
Couple of days later go to Baltimore Sound Garden for a signing with HR of the Punk Rock band Bad Brains. Line up and get the photo op. Then went to a rap award event to see what could be had but it was long over. Only saw DJ Kool (who I have) eating nearby. Got an updated photo.
Went to a venue where the band Murphy's Law was playing. The only one to get is original lead singer Jimmy Drescher. As we wait, they arrive and get photo ops with him. He is super nice.
Go to a venue for South African singer Jonathan Butler. This is a risk as it's in between shows. But we get in, get some of the other band members including his wife. By miracle manage to get him to come out of the green room and got photo ops. He was super nice. Success!
The final spot for the evening is for comedian Tommy Davidson. I already have him so it's really nothing for me. I get the opener as someone else goes into the venue for him. Don't care to wait and just leave at this point.
Final meet for August is for the band the Spin Doctors. They are best known for the 1990s hits "Two Princes" and "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong". In the band are three originals! The singer, guitarist, and drummer. The bassist is barely valid.
Wait at the hotel before the show. First see Jack Daley and get the photo. Then the lead singer Chris Barron is walking around and he is super nice. Then see drummer Aaron Comess who again is super nice. And finally, guitarist Eric Schenkman. But he says he is not dressed for photos so now we have to wait till they leave for the show. I guess not everything can go perfectly. As Aaron goes back to his room, he asks if we got everyone we told him all but Eric because he wants to be dressed up. He tells us the time they are leaving for the show. Wow that doesn't happen often.
It's the witching hour and they all come down to the lobby. Eric is last to come down and is super nice for photos. Without us asking the entire band approaches us so we can get group photos. Again, that doesn't happen very often. It's so refreshing to experience nice people for a change. To boot, Jack is at the far end so he can be cropped out.
No comments:
Post a Comment