The evening after my James Cameron meet (already reported) I went to a venue for Robyn Hitchcock. The show ended later than I expected but immediately after the show he had a table literally asking, "does anyone need signing?". I saw him take a photo op then I asked and he said he doesn't do photos (even though he literally did it in front of me). I then pleaded and got a selfie. I also asked for photos as he continued to ask, "does anyone need signing?"
I then got the opener Emma Swift and left. Interestingly enough I had completely forgotten that I tried for Robyn Hitchcock at another venue in the past. And when I did, I asked him outside and he out flat denied me photos. And he almost did this time as well. Had I remembered my previous encounter, I would not have gone for him again and gotten him.
Next is a day of largely failures. First tried a Young Washington screening but turns out the only person who will be there is barely valid actor John Foss. Then tried Daniel Tosh at a venue but he exited the bus and got in a car while we were across the street. PUNCH. Tried to go to the next spot but failed. What a big screw up he was on the bus, and we weren't by the bus.
Then tried for country signer Zane Williams but never saw him and only got one of his band members. Left this spot to try for comedian Emil Wakim who was on the 50th season of SNL. He came out and was super nice. Also got his opener Shaunak Godkhindi.
Couple of days later I attended a con called Station Unity. My main want there was Julian Richings from the movie Cube. First, I got up to Jon St John and show him our photo from years ago. He got a kick out of it and gave me a free update. Then I got Julian Richings (fresh), Kris Holden-Ried (fresh), and Zoie Palmer (fresh).
Barely valid author Inge Heyer was sitting down. She was of course free photo ops so I grabbed one. She died like 10 days later aged 65. And she looked fine when I met her!
The person I was at the con with was getting Eddie McClintock from Warehouse 13. I have him, but I was gifted the autograph. I also showed Eddie our photo op. Then got Bonnie Gordon (update) and Melissa Navia (fresh),
Went to the airport for Mera Morris and Jason Derulo. Have Mera never got Jason. Mera arrived with shades so I could focus on autographs as I had no need for another photo. She was only trying to do 1 per but I managed 2. Dennis Rodman's daughter Trinity Rodman is spotted randomly, and I get a photo op. Jason then arrives, but he wasn't very nice and barely did 1 per while refusing photos.
After this head to an event for Brand Nubian. One of them, Lord Jamar also has acting credits. I get Grand Puba leaving then mooched inside to get Lord Jamar and Sadat X. Then got an upgrade with the 102-year-old Marshall Allen who worked with Sun Ra.
Tried to wait at a venue for Dewey Bunnell (founding member of America) but never saw him. Bailed on that to try for actress Naomi Scott. Hit lots of traffic and by the time we got there it seemed like she was gone (later we would find out she wasn't). So bailed on that. Two major failures but it's ok, I have outbound flights for both.
Next day starts with an early morning flight for Dewey Bunnell of America. He was grumpy even wondering how we knew the flight, but he did take photos and signed. I then go for the band Del Amitri probably best known for the 1995 hit "Roll to Me".
The lead singer and guitarist are original, the keyboardist is a core member as he was present for their main hits, and two other members are barely valid. Not too shabby for a band that dates back to the early 80s and had their hits in the 90s.
It's off to a good start as I get lead singer Justin Currie. Then get core member Andy Alston. Get Justin again as he walked to an area with less sun. Then got the barely valid Kris Dollimore. Wait a while and finally lead guitarist Iain Harvie comes off the bus and I get a photo. I also got two members of the opening band Dot Dash. Never saw the other barely valid member of Del Amitri and decided to quit while ahead.
Head to the airport for the Naomi Scott outbound. I first met Naomi Scott back in October 2024 in NYC. I wasn't prepared with items, and she was wearing shades in the photo.
By miracle, I got her flight going back to London after her concert tour. I saw this as a chance to get some autographs and upgrade my photo with her in a calm setting away from the NYC crowds. Arrive at the airport and wait. She arrives 15-20 minutes later.
But two things. 1) she is wearing shades and 2) she is with her husband and former footballer Jordan Spence who is known to be a dick and may shut it all down.
Waited for her to check in, and while checking in she removed the shades. Ok, one problem is seemingly gone. I then very nervously approach her expecting her husband to interfere, but she is very nice and cheerful as she took photos and signed. I was completely floored how well this went especially after she did nothing for no one in NYC before/after her concert (not even during her VIP session). Her husband did not interfere and just looked on as everything was going on, but he himself declined photo ops.
Next day I went for actress Monique Coleman from High School Musical. Arrive at the location and see George W Bush's brother Neil Bush. Got the photo op. Then checked the event room a couple of times and eventually saw Monique lingering about. She was super nice.
Next day I would go for two bands, Shinedown and the Doobie Brothers. Shinedown are doing a radio station event. This is where I got burnt with The Ataris. This time I found out they are only doing a private pre show meet and greet but not a post show meet and greet. Found my way to the meet and greet and got a dual shot with original lead singer Brent Smith and longtime guitarist Zach Myers. Success!
Go to another spot for the Doobie Brothers. It is off to a very good start as I get original member Patrick Simmons whom I missed out on the last time. Then got the barely Marc Russo. Football coach Jack Del Rio is spotted randomly and I get the photo. And finally, drummer Ed Toth. While he is barely valid for the Doobie Brothers he is actually the core drummer for Vertical Horizon as he was there for the hit song. So that's a good score especially since I recently got the lead singer.
Next day starts at a flight for actress Ciara Bravo. She stops for the photo but denies autographs. Then a flight for Kelsey Grammer. I get an updated photo and some autographs.
Then go to a venue for Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. They are the band behind the King of the Hill theme song. Lead singer Roger Clyne and drummer Paul "P.H." Naffah are both original. The other two members are barely valid. First get a dual shot with PH and the barely valid Nick Scropos. Then get the opener Ike Reilly. Then get a solo PH shot and finally Roger Clyne himself who is nice as can be. Didn't see the other barely valid member but quit while ahead.
The evening ends with a flight for William Franklyn-Miller who plays George Washington in the Young Washington movie. Super nice as he did photo ops and signed.
Next day starts with a flight for actress Mo'Nique. She took longer than expected to come out but when she did, she stopped and we got photo ops. Checked to see if Sammy Hagar was at a venue but never saw him. Later that evening went for actor and comedian Rick Glassman. He did a meet and greet after his show though was trying to rush us.
Final spot for the evening was an event for the Young Washington movie. Got William Franklyn-Miller again, got an upgrade with Kelsey Grammer, and director Jon Erwin.
Two days later start at the airport for John Mellencamp. I met him before but never got the autograph. See him and manage to get the combo. Success! Go to a hotel and apparently a WNBA team is checking in. I get a photo op with Sylvia Fowles. Go to a venue and manage to get Arianna Huffington who founded the Huffington Post. Then see Bill Mahr and managed to get a combo. The photo op is a major upgrade as my old photo op is invalid. But then they tell us we can't stand here and kick us out. So, we go back to the hotel, and I get updates with Ted Sarandos and Matt Friend.
Then to a venue for Sammy Hagar of Van Halen fame. When we arrive by miracle find out that he is going to dinner. Go to the front and see a van that is seemingly designated to pick him up. Scramble and go back to the car and circle around to look for the van. Find it at a loading dock. Sure enough Sammy Hagar pops out and through the skin of our teeth get photo ops! Score!
After this tried for actor Nick Thune at a venue but it was too late. Missed Nick Thune but I got Sammy Hagar so can't complain.
This day starts at a hotel while it's raining. See Jay Leno walking and get an updated photo plus autographs. Saw John Mellencamp again this time got a better photo op and two autographs. Waited at another hotel but saw nothing. I didn't really want to go but stopped by another spot and got an updated photo with actor Leon.
Later that evening botched not going to a party spot where we could have had people. Saw Woody Harrelson leaving the spot. Beat him to his hotel where he blanked. It's ok I have him anyway but could have used an autograph. But if we had been at the party spot maybe we would have seen Louis CK who I needed. PUNCH! Overall, a wasted evening.
Towards the end of June, I would go for the band Human League. They are best known for the song "Don't You Want Me" and it's their first US tour in over two decades. The original lead singer plus the two original girls are touring.
Get Philip Oakey and Susan Ann Sulley photo ops at their hotel and get autographs from all three.
The last day of June I attend a Stormy Daniels meet and greet after her show. I get a photo op with her husband Barrett Blade and get an upgrade with Stormy Daniels. Go back to the Human League hotel after their show and get Joanne Catherall. This ended June meets.
No comments:
Post a Comment