Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Amidst Chiller, whole bunch of meets at the end of April

End of April before and after Chiller, I would have a host of meets. Let us begin. 

First up, I go a hotel for check ins. I have a flight for my main want, Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men, Superman IV). But the airport is close to an hour away from the hotel. Do I leave hotel at a certain time or chance for him to come to me? Ultimately, I decided to avoid the drive and wait. 

Start waiting at the hotel. First, I get actor Joseph Lee (fresh), then Jason Kravits (fresh), Tramell Tillman (fresh), and Diedrich Bader (update). Saw Yetide Badaki and got autos didn't need the op as it would have been a downgrade. Saw Yvette Nicole Brown but she had a mask on, so I had no need to get another op with her. 

Finally, Jon Cryer arrives and is nice as can be. Get him on four photos, two of which are completed Two and a Half Men photos. And of course, the photo op. Always cool to get someone connected to the Reeves Superman movies. There were more celebs to be had but never saw them.

Give up for the evening and decide to try again the next morning to finish up and head to Chiller. Park across the street, sleep in the car, wake up.

First, I see David Cross. Get an upgrade. Then actress Keyla Monterroso Mejia (fresh), Midori Francis (fresh), Tramell Tillman (no hat upgrade from the prior day), and Yetide Badaki (update/upgrade). Said hello to Tim Daly as I didn't need another op with him. I didn't see Susie Essman, one of my top wants. Did I not spot her? I go to the next spot and see all the actors and actresses again, but no one that looks like Susie Essman. I get an op with Jon Cryer's wife Lisa Joyner. Later I would find out Susie didn't show up at all. After this quick and easy sweeping success, it was off to Chiller (which will have a separate report).

Jon Cryer

Full list of photo ops


Drive back after Chiller Theater, park close to a spot, and sleep. Wake up and start a new adventure. It was sub par as I didn't see a lot of movie or tv names. I saw Rufus Sewell who I already had. Get an updated photo and some autos. Also saw Fran Drescher and got autos,  didn't need another op. Got a few non acting names.

Linda Carter went in and I needed autos. Sadly, I had to choose between trying her for exits and going to a flight for midget actor Brad Williams. I chose the latter which was more guaranteed. As it turned out Linda Carter racked it out. But I did get Brad Williams who was a fresh meet. He was happy to do the op.

Go to the next spot where security is tight due to anti-Zionist protesters (who also harassed me as I was trying to mooch my way in as they assumed I was a regular attendee). But I finally made it inside. And on entries I start getting people. Linda Carter blanks. My heart is crushed as I miss legendary actor Jean Reno because I stepped away to check out another area. Also missed actress Da'Vine Joy Randolph. But on exits I turn my luck around. Get Billy Porter update and by stroke of luck See Jean Reno come out the way he came in. And he was nice as can be. Score of the weekend right there! 

Also got updated shots with Caitlyn Jenner and Lorne Michaels. And saw Da'Vine Joy Randolph (fresh) so I made up that blunder too! Saw Sophia Bush who I needed an upgrade with and missed out on in NYC. I had to beg and plead but I got the upgrade. 

Didn't see Joely Fisher or Desi Lydic who were around (have the former but needed the latter). Keri Russel blanked me. Have a great op but needed autos from her. Molly Wingwald did nothing for no one. Have the op but also needed autos from her. Also got Aldis Hodge and Wilson Cruz, both of which I have. 

For the final spot of the evening, it was a little bit of a letdown. First off 2 graphers started a fight and because of that they put us across the street (which they weren't even legally allowed to do). I did get Jon Hamm (update) and actress Jodi Long (fresh). And an update with James Austin Johnson of SNL. 

Most graphers left and it was just me and one other. We were across the street and asked a TV presenter. She declined and entered her car but security swarmed at us for that. From that point we ceased to respect them and went to their side of the street and started verbally mocking them and taunting them for their behavior right at their faces as they stood by the gates. They acted like we were going up to Elvis back from the dead (while across the street no less) this is what they get. So we hung by the gates, taunting and mocking even more. 

Saw Douglas Emhoff (Kamala Harris' husband) but was too disgusted by him to get a photo op. Saw Jim Cramer and got him to sign but didn't need another op. This ended the evening.

Brad Williams

Jean Reno

Sophia Bush

Full list of photo ops part 1

Full list of photo ops part 2

Autographs obtained over the weekend (blanks are Rufus Sewell and Jim Cramer):

Autographs part 1

Autographs part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment