Wednesday, August 14, 2024

An A list movie meet and more

On a day in late March I decided to try for a couple of events. In one of them Elton John was the man of the hour, but I knew that would be futile. There were however others besides him. 

At the first spot I see Nigel Olsson who played drums with Elton. Actually a solid name. He was super nice and I got the op. Saw Joni Mitchell but she completely blanked. I have the op but wanted the auto.

I then bail on this event to try for one of the nastiest celebs, Sean Penn. By miracle I manage to mooch my way into his event and attend it. When it is over he takes a photo with someone but then shuts it down. I then chase him down a huge hall way basically begging and pleading until he relents. By absolute miracle I get the op I never thought I would ever get! 

After this I go back to the Elton John event where they kicked us off the (largely public) property as Elton enters his car. He of course does nothing. Not long after the one that kicked us out left and Joni Mitchell is about to leave. We are like 3 people I manage to get the autograph while someone else manages to get the op. Thankfully I had no need to fight for the op.

Besides that I got Kirk Hammett (upgrade), session musician John Mahon, Alice in Chains bassist Mike Inez (orignial), and session musician Kim Bullard. 

Overall I'd say a successful evening. A list movie meet, a great music autograph, nice upgrade with Kirk Hammett, and more.

Full list of photo ops

Sean Penn

Kirk Hammett

Joni Mitchell Autograph

No comments:

Post a Comment