Sunday, August 25, 2024

I was a SURVIVOR in Jersey for a day

On a day towards the end of August Dave Bickler, the original lead singer of the band Survivor, was doing a charity concert at a small bar in Jersey. Survivor's most famous song is of course the iconic 80s song "Eye of the Tiger" which was also the theme song of Rocky III.

Before hitting up the spot for Dave, I hit up NJ Horror con in Edison. My wants there are few. First up is Raushan Hammond who was the fat black lost boy in Hook. He shockingly looks recognizable. Then Chance Michael Corbitt from the movie Lost Boys. Then get VC Dupree from Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan. He is a barely valid name big picture wise, but was killed in one of the most iconic death scenes in Friday the 13th history, if not horror history. He utters the iconic phrase "take your best shot … mutha fucka" before being killed.

Dr Chud of the Misfits was there at a table. Got a free photo op with him. Them finally my main want from his con arrives, actress Shannyn Sossamon (A Knight's Tale, 40 Days and 40 Nights). Got the op with her. This ended my time at the con.

On to the venue for Dave. While waiting outside I get an op with Richie Ranno who is a member of the band Starz. Dave enters but says he has to get inside and to get him after. Inside the venue I watch the concert then after the concert get Dave and he is nice as can be. Upon leaving I get Steve Brown from the band Trixter. 

Shannyn Sossamon

Dave Bickler

Autographs

Full list of photo ops

No comments:

Post a Comment