Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Wrestlemania 40 week report part 2

Note: if you haven't already, please read part 1


Day 4

With the airport in the rear view mirror, and everyone who was supposed to come to Philadelphia being already in Philadelphia, it was time for other activities. My first stop was WWE World. And I of course focus on the photo op lines. There were 1h sessions with 3 or 4 wrestlers. And you would circle through. I would do those each day going forward and each time I would get a mix of fresh names, upgrades, and updates.

My first day of WWE world I would get

MVP 
Apollo Crews
Grayson Waller  
Scarlett Bordeaux
Roxanne Perez
Veer
Otis
Erik
Jakara Jackson
Chelsea Green
Ilja Dragunov
Jazmyn Nyx
Gable Steveson
Xia Li
Andre Chase
Nathan Frazer

Grayson Waller (who declined me at the airport 2 days earlier) and Jakara Jackson remembered me from the airport. Waller was laughing saying he seems me at the airport "all the time". He also busted my balls declining my handshake saying he wouldn't take a photo with me. Jakarta smiled and told me hello. I didn't argue with him but not sure why or how he said he sees me at the airport "all the time" since the time I saw him 2 days ago was the first time in my life I ever saw Grayson Waller in person.

Unfortunately, I had to cut my time at WWE world short because I had to get to RF's show at Battleground Wrestling for the Minoru Suzuki signing. So I left to drive to the ECW arena and in doing so I missed Ava Raine (Rock's daughter) doing a photo line at WWE world. No way both could have been done because you can't be in two places.

So at the ECW arena I get Minoru Suzuki no issue, and now it was time to go far away from Philly to Gettysburg for an event with actor Sam Waterston. A guy I've missed and even failed on in the past. 

Arrive in Gettysburg and lay low until the event lets out. I was so afraid the venue employees would be nasty, but they were actually a non-factor. Sam Waterston is the first one out and to my shock does combos no issue. SCORE! At this point I'm in bonus mode as both Ken Burns and Martin Sheen come out and I get updates with each.

Back to Philly I go to the hotel for WWE. Most were sneaking but arriving I get Thunderbolt Patterson again and he was cool doing combos despite being disabled and in a wheelchair. Then I get a fresh name I didn't have that I didn't see anywhere else, Elektra Lopez! And she is all dolled up. Besides that I get Carlito to sign for me and get a photo with Dawn Marie, first one in many years. Shocking that she looks largely unchanged from way back when she did every single con.

Grayson Waller

Roxanne Perez

Minoru Suzuki

Sam Waterston

Elektra Lopez

Full list of Day 4 photo ops part 1

Full list of Day 4 photo ops part 2

Encyclopedia autos obtained:

WWE_E V2

Carlito

WWE_E V3

Carlito


Day 5

This day starts away from WWE at Wrestlecon. These days any event with old school WWF names is a very rare treat. As almost everyone has either been around so much or dead. But here, there are a whopping FOUR old school WWF names. Nailz, Cheryl Roberts, Aja Kong, and Kyoko Inoue.

First I get Mariah May, then Cheryl Roberts, and then a fully prison suited Nailz, then Harley Cameron, and a dual shot with Aja Kong and Kyoko Inoue. After Wrestlecon it was off to WWE world. Of course at that point I missed most of the photo op line, but I would get the following: 

Isla Dawn
Brooks Jensen
Brutus Creed
Ridge Holland
Kayden Carter
Joe Gacy

The Creed Brothers did a panel and after the panel I got solo and dual shots with Brutus Creed and Julius Creed. Then I browsed all the props and sets at WWE world. Then it was back to the WWE hotel where I stayed very briefly. I got Liv Morgan, JoJo, and youtuber Mike Majlak. Also got Jamie Noble to sign me a card. At this point I decided to try for The Rock at his hotel. This was an error because he barely did anything and I missed stuff at the WWE hotel including Rey Mysterio's daughter. Thankfully I do have a photo op with the Rock from long ago but wanted his updated bald-headed look at some autos. I guess you can't win them all.





Day 6

The day starts at WWE world, and I would do all photo op lines. I would get some awesome suited ops! I got 

Ludwig Kaiser
Arianna Grace (Santino's daughter, suited)
Shotzi (suited)
Tyler Breeze
Odyssey Jones
Thea Hail
Carmelo Hayes (suited)
Indi Hartwell
Berto
Izzi Dame
Bron Breakker
Elton Prince (suited)
Adriana Rizzo
Roxanne Perez
Kit Wilson (suited)
Giovanni Vinci
Oba Femi
Sarah Logan

When they advertised Valhalla I was hoping Sarah Logan would be fully Valhalla suited since I have so many Sarah Logan ops, but sadly it was just Sarah Logan. Elton Prince looked at me and said I look familiar and I said that I met him at the airport. Bron Breakker a huge upgrade from the airport photo.

I would then go to the WWE hotel and by MIRACLE I managed to be inside the hotel. I was very selective who I asked and where. I saw plenty of people but if I had them for the most part I didn't ask. But I got Zelina Vega, Lana, and Kofi Kingston. Then I saw a fully suited Naomi. Historically Naomi always remembered me but it had been years since I saw her. So I went up to her simply asking for a photo and saying nothing to see if she would remember me. And he goes "oohhh heyy". She was cool to me as always. I also score Aalyah Gutierrez, Rey Mysterio's daughter! Which means I now completed the entire Mysterio family! 

Then I got McKenzie Mitchell, and another rare score, Ata Johnson (The Rock's mother). I guess she isn't really valid but she did do the Hall of Fame speech of her mother. Then I got Cora Jade (upgrade from the airport), Lash Legend (upgrade from the airport), referee Aja Smith (fresh), announcer Marcelo Rodriguez (fresh), and Montez Ford (update). I saw The Rock's daughter take a photo then I asked and she declined and I pleaded a little more saying she just took a photo and she finally relented! SCORE!

Then I got a dual shot with Trick Williams and Lash Legend which came out pretty nice. And comedian Sal Vulcano from Impractical Jokers. A blow off was Rezar from AOP. I saw him take a photo with a child and I asked he said he only does it with kids. I also stupidly missed Tatum Paxley because I stepped outside. Ughhhhh! This meant I had to suffer at an early morning flight the next day.

I saw a guy that was a giant. I thought maybe he is a new NXT guy or something. I got the op just in case. But I don't think he was anyone sadly. Just a tall person. This ended my evening.











Day 7

My final day in Philly and it would begin where it all started, at the airport. There was a mass NXT flight. I saw Jazmyn Nyx and got a photo. Then I see the person I needed, Tatum Paxley. She was nice. Somehow I missed Gabbi Tuft (who I have as Tyler Rex). As I left the airport I saw Angel Garza and Berto but I had no need to get them. And then it was back to WWE world, my final stop for Wrestlemania week. I got

Oro Mensah
Shawn Spears
Tegan Nox
Paul Ellering
Kelani Jordan
Josh Briggs
Rezar
Noam Dar
Lyra Valkyria
Alba Fyre
Cora Jade
Luke Gallows
Jakara Jackson
Ridge Holland
Akam

Noam Dar was fully suited and again laughed when he saw me and told me hello. Kelani Jordan also remembered me from the airport. And for Jakara Jackson it was the second time I saw her in WWE World (and third time including the airport) and she jokes "you want a picture of me wearing a different outfit?". 

Finally got both members of AOP. Akam was polite and shook hands but he seemed so miserable standing there doing ops. He obviously chose the wrong job if he hates this so much. Glad I never have to worry about AOP again.

After all the photo sessions were done, I browsed some more props and sets, and happily headed out of Philadelphia. 




Some non-WWE encyclopedia autographs 




No comments:

Post a Comment