Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Awesome Con in DC, 90s con in Hartford

I had very few wants at awesome con. Arrive there and start with a photo op with comic book artist Mark Bagley who I already have. My first paid guest is actor Raymond Cruz (Clear and Present Danger). Then Colleen O’Shaughnessey AKA Tails in the Sonic movies. Natasha Liu Bordizzo AKA Sabine in the Ahsoka series. And finally deaf actress Alaqua Cox from Hawk Eye who was pro only and her pro ops had passed. But I managed to talk my way into paying for a table op. It was a win/win. I didn't have to pay for a more expensive pro op (which I view as an inferior product). They got money they wouldn't have had since there was no more pro op. I wanted Tom Kenny who voiced SpongeBob but my splitter bailed on me.

After that I simply got comic book names Klaus Janson, Jeph Loeb, and Sarah Myer.

Natasha Liu Bordizzo

Full list of awesome con photo ops


The next day I did Hayden Christensen at the airport as I wanted autos and his prices of $200 a pop at awesome con is too rich for my blood. I got the updated photo op and two Star Wars  figures done. He was cool.

Hayden Christensen

Autographs


Fast forward to 90s in Hartford. I did NYC before 90s con, and I did NYC after 90s. I will report on that separately. At 90s con by top wants were Geena Davis and the parents from Boy Meets World. I was heartbroken when I saw the horrid separator for her Saturday at 90s con. But Sunday, that was rectified and you just had to be a certain distance from her. So I guess I'm lucky I decided to go Sunday as opposed to Saturday. Cause I might have left Hartford Saturday night and would have had to drive back from NYC Sunday.

First I get James Van Der Beek (Dawson's Creek). Then Drew Lachey and Jeff Timmons (98 Degrees). Then the Step by Step names which were big wants of mine. Brandon Call and Angela Watson. Then Alimi Ballard which is another addition to my Sabrina the Teenage Witch collection. And then Christopher Castile from Step by Step and the Beethoven movies which I loved back in the day.

Next up Andrew Keegan (10 Things I Hate About You, 7th Heaven), and the parents from Boy Meets World, Betsy Randle and William Russ. And the teacher from Boy Meets World Anthony Tyler Quinn. I've now gotten almost everyone from that show. 

Then I get Barry Watson (7th Heaven) and was about to go for David Gallagher but they said he would be back after the panel as they took him away from the table. I line up for the Geena Davis pro op and say hello to her as we pose. Never would I have dreamt I would get that op as she is nasty on the street and didn't think she would be the con type. But I suppose anything is possible in life and this is proof.

After the pro op the 7th Heaven people returned to their table. David Gallagher was gone apparently he came back for 10 minutes and had to go to the airport. What in the fucking fuck! That was one name on my list! But I got Beverley Mitchell and Mackenzie Rosman from that show. Ended my time at 90s con with Brendan Fehr and Jason Behr from Roswell fame. 

Geena Davis

Christopher Castile

Betsy Randle and William Russ

Anthony Tyler Quinn

Full list of 90s con photo ops

No comments:

Post a Comment