Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Another rare sports meet, plus more

This is a long overdue report. 

It was mid September and Molly Ringwald had a book signing and the 6th and I Synagogue in DC. You had to pay admission AND you had a to buy a book, and odds are you would get nothing more than a signed book. So this was not very appealing to me. I did however find her incoming info so I figured I'd take my chances there. Sadly I heard horrible things about her and it did not seem like a smart decision to make a trip just for her. Thankfully some golf legends, namely Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus, were in town. So I had something to fall back upon.

The day starts with Molly's incoming. We were only two people. She arrived and we asked and she actually did one each!!! When I asked for the photo op she goes "no no no" and waves her hands. Still, the treatment she gave both of us was the nicest I ever heard her be. Although I honestly think if we were anything more than two she would have done nothing. 

Next up was the golfers event. First meet was Vince Gill, who was ultra mega friendly. Got a combo. Next up I managed to get an autograph from Nancy Pelosi, who is mega hard to get. So that is an achievement. Next up was Jack Nicklaus who started signing! YES! First major name for the day. After I got him on a photo and a golf ball I had to essentially plead for the photo op. He posed and I got it! Victory! Most people got 3 items each but I opted to go for the photo op instead of a third item. 



Sadly things didn't go so well with Arnold Palmer, who did nothing. Even ran after him till the bitter end but failed  No one got Palmer at that spot. 

The day ended with a Katherine Heigl photo op. Despite not getting my top want for the day (Palmer), definitely a good day overall. To add to this, I was told Molly Ringwald did no photo ops and no extras at the book signing.

Jack Nicklaus

Vince Gill

Katherine Heigl

Autographed photos

Signed golf ball

No comments:

Post a Comment