Friday, September 5, 2014

Some scattered meets throughout August

First off in early August I attended the Shoreleave convention in Hunt Valley. My plan is simple, to split a Richard Dean Anderson photo op with since I loved MacGyver back in the day. 

Thankfully I manage to mooch admission, which cost a pretty penny. The photo op session started late which was in our favor cause we were running late. Then we got the photo op. 

Joresky said that a vendor was giving out FREE posters including a Night Before Our Stars signed poster. Well, free is free. So I go to the table and feast on free posters. You were only allowed one Night Before Our Stars poster but me being me I managed to sneak an extra one. 

Sadly upon looking at both my posters, I noticed they were nothing but pre prints. Shame on them for giving them out saying they were real 


Richard Dean Anderson photo op

The "signed" posters Notice how the autographs are exactly the same.




A couple of days later I set out to meet Bono. We get to the spot and unfortunately find out that Bono is not even in town. A wasted evening. But attending the function was rapper Akon. I got a photo op. 

Akon photo op


About a week later Kenny G had a show. He is an iconic instrumentalist probably best known for this tune






I try to mooch my way in after the show as I always do and find out that he's doing a signing! YES! But I got caught with someone asking what I'm doing here. With my quick thinking I say I want to buy a CD, to which the guy replies "go ahead". Sadly I had to pay money but at least that was my ticket to stay. A guarantee is a guarantee. 

I go in line and sadly he is not doing photo ops He signs my CD and one 8x10 but refuses to sign more. I wait till the end of the signing and Kenny G says he'll do photo ops and to have cameras ready. My reaction is this face 

I get the photo op then I see him signing more I quickly whip out another 8x10 and give a friend an 8x10 to get signed for me. He signs both and tells me "enough for you". Good enough for me as I only had one last 8x10 left. A relatively easy hunt right there. 

Photo op

Autographs


Fast forward about 10 days and I get a tip for a Charles Barkley flight! That's a good iconic sports name. I quickly get some 8x10s and head to the airport. Charles is nice as can be and did a combo no problem. He didn't sign more than one but I had someone help me out with another. 

Photo op

Autographs


And at the end of August I got a tip for an Iggy Azalea flight! My first encouter with Iggy included a scuffle with her security and involving the police. If you need a refresher check this report and go towards the end of Day 2. 

I arrive at the airport JUST in the nick of time cause she is already signing for other graphers I quickly approach and manage to get my photos signed. I ask for a photo op and she says sure! This time I manage to get a photo op. I was inches from failure, but thankfully it was a sweeping success.  

It should be noted that the security guard that was there last time I tried for her was not there this time. It was a much nicer one. Who knows if his behavior towards me that evening  (and me calling the cops on him) had anything to do with him getting replaced. It's unlikely that he worked for the venue because he was Australian like her. So odds are he did in fact work for her. 

Photo op

Autographs

And the last day of August, Joresky came back from Dragon Con to try for Jeff Bridges. I already have a photo op with him but I wanted to get his autograph cause he's an awesome name. We all arrive at the venue and mooch inside after the show. There was a signing table but sadly Jeff wasn't there. It was his daughter Jessie. Turns out Jeff isn't doing a signing . After he leaves we go to the next spot where he decided to go sight seeing. But when they see us approach they rush him back to his vehicle. They even video tape us rushing towards him. After this he sadly left town. A bust and a wasted evening (unless of course Jessie Bridges ever becomes big). 

Jessie Bridges

No comments:

Post a Comment