Friday, March 6, 2015

My first wave of 2015 meets

2015 has sadly been overall unimpressive for me thus far

 If the markedout.com 2015 awards were held today, I'd be last place. Ahead of me would be the likes of , Darkdefender, heelorton, greg2600, and IF you ignore poor quality photo ops, even my nemesis




This is due to several things. In part due to laziness, in part due to the freezing cold, and in part due to celebrity being bitches. 

That aside, I will present my first set of meets of 2015. 

First outing of 2015 in January I wanted to complete my combos with and virgilize both Bradley Cooper and George Lopez. I have photo ops with them but needed autographs. 

I start out outside the Bradley Cooper spot with some others. After waiting in the cold we find out he is inside no one knew how he got in. After I leave the spot I get word that Joe Biden entered the event. 

After this bust I go to the George Lopez even and wait it out. I mooch inside and get my photo op with George Lopez and three photos signed including a Smurfs 8x10 already signed by Neil Patrick Harris. I then run outside and see actor Carlos Pena posing for photo ops by his car. I quickly grab a shot. Unfortunately this success was met with a punch in the face, because others waited for Bradley Cooper leaving and got him hindsight is 20/20 but in foresight I did feel like the George Lopez even was more of a guarantee plus the luxury of waiting indoors was another factor that affected my decision. 

My next plan was to salvage the evening with a Joe Biden photo op. As I arrive back at the spot I am greeted my two huge and armed secret service agents. 

They ask me what I'm doing and I tell them the truth. One them goes "Bradley Cooper is here, really?" and I say that he's gone now. He goes "wow you know more than we do". They also say that they would like it if I left. I point out that it's a public place and I'm breaking no laws which they acknowledged. They said they still wanted me to leave I said I didn't want to and it's public. I again say I'm doing nothing illegal. I said they could search me, and they frisked me for weapons. I also made it a point to showcase them my photo op with Jimmy Carter on my phone and made sure to say "so I am no stranger to secret service". They complemented my Jimmy Carter photo op. Essentially that was my diplomatic way of telling them that they're not dealing with a novice. They then told me that I can ask but not approach if he refuses, and I agreed. They said that it's cold and would still prefer I leave if nothing else for my health cause they didn't know how much longer the event was going to last. I told them that the event was finishing soon. They again point out "you know more than us". 

I the position myself to intercept Biden when the event ends. And sure enough it ends when I thought it would. I ask Biden and seemed like he was going to take a photo op with me then he goes "sorry they won't let me". This ends a sub par evening. 

Even though I failed to get the Biden photo op, I hope this report is a lesson for all. Next time you all tremble in fear when a security guard tries to strike fear in your heart, just remember that this guy successfully stood his ground against two oversized, overpaid, well trained, and well armed government secret service agents. 

George Lopez

Carlos Pena Jr

Autographs

Next up was a day in February where I had a huge tip on a Gene Simmons flight. Figured I would try to improve my photo op and maybe get an autograph. Arrive at the airport and there's a few people waiting. When Gene arrives he does nothing in terms of autographs but does take photo ops. I BARELY manage to get one. When it came to autographs he tried to say the airport told him not to. Really ? That's a new one.

Gene Simmons photo op




Two days later I decided to go for Vanessa Hudgens. I already got her multiple times, but one a day when the weather was decent I decided to go for it (also because I heard lots of success stories). I arrive and an 18 year old girl is waiting for Vanessa. Apparently she is a huge mega fan of hers. We chatted a bit, and she gave her dad the camera to rehearse the photo op. I stood in for Vanessa in the rehearsal photo op. I also told that girl I'd take video footage of her meeting Vanessa, which she was very grateful for. 

Vanessa was nice as can be, doing combos with everybody. I got another photo op just because and I got three 8x10s and a poster signed. Also got photo ops with a couple of names. Then I drove another grapher to another spot, and I ended the evening with basketball player Victor Oladipo, another name for me.

It was perfect timing  for me to stop at that Vanessa spot, cause apparently she stopped coming out a day or two later. As for the girl I met at the Vanessa spot, she loved the video I took, and she sent me our photo op.

Full list of photo ops

Vanessa photos

Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment