Monday, August 10, 2026

June WWE meets, Luky Bryan, Triple H, Nick Khan, James Cameron, and more

Around the middle of June, I would get some WWE names. There was a flight where my main goal is Joe Tessitore, whom I never met. On this flight I see The Miz, Chelsea Green, Matt Cardona, and Charlotte Flair. I got updated photo ops but had no need for a shades shot with Charlotte so didn't even bother with that. Joe Tessitore was never spotted leaving us all to wonder what could have happened. By all evidence he made the flight. He could have come out a different way. PUNCH.

Then I go to another airport for Matt Scannell, the original lead singer for Vertical Horizon, best known for the song Everything You Want. He was cool and I get the combo. Next, I go back to the airport for Joe Tessitore to get him leaving town. My plan was to do that then to get some photos at a song writer's hall of fame event. Then what happened? The plane got delayed by like 3h. PUNCH. But I thought if Joe comes early, I could still make the event. I waited till the plane was boarding, Joe would never show up! Now I can't event make the other event! Double PUNCH! Turns out he no showed this flight because he ended up staying for Monday Night RAW.

Matt Scannell

Full list of photo ops

Matt Scannell Autograph


Next day I start at an airport and by chance I see boxer Tyson Fury flying in! This is cool as he has WWE connections. I then rush to try for Georges St-Pierre at a restaurant but missed him. Sucks because he has acting credits. But I got DJ Shipley, Chrissy Blair, and Matt Brown.

Then go to another airport for WWE flying in. My main goal is Sol Ruca. First see Byron Saxton who knows me. He is his usual friendly self, and I said hello to him. Football player Trey Hendrickson is randomly spotted, and I get a photo op. 

Iyo Sky and Akira Tozawa are spotted, they are rough but do stop. Then Drake Maverick who is friendly. Then I see 3 people that look like they could be wrestlers. Indeed, they are people that haven't been called up to the main roster yet. I get Layla Diggs, Kali Armstrong, and Harlem Lewis. Nice, unexpected bonus. And all three are fresh. Then get Lyra Valkyria who said she doesn't sign at airports. See my main goal Sol Ruca and she had shades and headphones, seemingly ignoring us in disgust as she keeps walking. She boarded the bus that takes you to the car rentals. We even beat her there and she still ignores us as if we don't exist. FAIL. The last WWE get is Je'Von Evans who signs and is his usual friendly self. 

Drive to try and get people attending Donald Trump's UFC event. As I arrive it's still going on. I walk away to check something out and I miss Michael Dell and the Winklevoss Twins walking out. I have the twins but wanted Dell. PUNCH! 

Exits start and I get Josh Harris, Richard Grenell, Conor Benn, and Oleksandr Usyk. Then get someone who I've failed on in the past, country singer Luke Bryan. Score! Then get Stephen Wonderboy Thompson, Florent Groberg, and Cub Swanson. Then I get a first time photo  in WWE president Nick Khan! Another score. I also get an updated photo op with Triple H. This is my third photo with him but my first photo of him with the beard. Despite my best pleading efforts, I fail to get him to sing my DX magazine with the Outlaws, X-Pac, and Chyna. Missing him for the complete. I even followed him to his car and said I have Chyna on it. But neither him nor his security were having it.

Keeping with the WWE theme I see Roman Reigns walking down the street taking photos. By the time he gets to me she seemingly shut it down, but I plead for the photo op. This is a 10 year update.  

Then I get a botched Maxx Crosby, Julianna Pena, Kyle Forgeard, Bret Baier, Mackenzie Dern, and Kamaru Usman.

As the night ends, I stop by a hotel and Dana White comes in. I manage to get a couple of autographs as he works the rail. 

Tyson Fury

Luke Bryan

Nick Khan

Triple H

Roman Reigns

Full list of photo ops part 1

Full list of photo ops part 2

Dana White autographs

Je'Von Evans autographs


Two days later, it was time for another round of WWE meets. I had the outbound for Joe Tessitore. This time he would likely show. Arrive at the airport see Je'Von Evans who signs but I had no need to ask him again. I then go to the flight where Sol Ruca is. She arrives with Maxxine Dupri. No hat, earmuffs, or shades, looking very sexy. Also see Layla Diggs, Kali Armstrong, and Harlem Lewis. After 2 days ago, I dread approaching Sol Ruca. But one has to try. To my complete shock and bafflement, she is sweet and stops no issue. It was like I was asking a completely different person. What happened two days ago was like it never happened. With that, I was elated as I was already on the board. I also say hi to Maxxine and she waves me a hi back. Told her that I met her before and won't bother her today. I get a selfie with Layla Diggs.

Saw Jey Uso deny someone for a photo op thankfully I didn't need to approach him. I see the Street Profits walking, and I get an upgraded dual with both of them. Saw Liv morgan take photos with random fans then run off. Had no need to bother her. Saw Jimmy Uso, Jacob Fatu, and Charlotte Flair rush to board a plane.

Then I went for Joe Tessitore which was on a different side of the airport. In doing so I had to miss Alexa Bliss whom I need an auto from. Rusev was also spotted at the Alexa area. I wait for Joe and see him on the cell phone. Took him a good while to get off the phone but thankfully he did so before boarding the plane. Super nice guy, did the photo and signed. Final WWE was an updated photo with Corey Graves.

Mooch some breakfast, get some sleep, drive away. As I'm driving home it's no rest for the weary as I get a tip for an event. And turns out James Cameron is at that even. I could use a better shot with him. 

The event is going on, and James Cameron is clearly inside. Me and another hunter are watching different exits and playing phone tag. While this is happening security guards are all over the place watching us like hawks. And there's even a cop on site complete with a cop car. We are wondering if they are all trying to protect James Cameron or if there's someone more high profile. We are of course on the sidewalk so there's nothing anyone can do to tell us to leave. No one actually tried but even if they did we wouldn't have.

Finally, it's the bewitching hour and Cameron walks. He crosses the street to get to his hotel. We ask him for photos and to my disbelief he stops for photos! I imagine if we had merch he would have been turned off as he is usually not nice. After the success the other hunter goes up to talk to security, and he goes "That's all you guys wanted?? PHOTOS?". Apparently, he thought we were protestors who wanted to come in and disrupt the event. It's not often in combo hunting where security is relieved that you're a combo hunter. Usually, it's the combo hunter that is public enemy number 1. 

Sol Ruca

James Cameron

Full list of photo ops

No comments:

Post a Comment