Tuesday, May 21, 2013

I broke another DOOR down

After a grueling weekend it was off to something a lot less stressful, a book signing at Soundgarden in Baltimore, MD. Namely that of John Densmore, drummer of the Doors. At the time he was the only living member of the Doors I still did not have at least one combo with. So I set out to rectify that. 

Generally it was one item signed for each book, plus a photo op. My two primary items were vinyl records already signed by Ray Manzarek and Robby Krieger. I also saw a very nice looking vinyl and spent money I didn't have to buy that (though I made it up, more on that later). I thought it'd be awesome to add the other two (since Ray was alive at the time). Additionally I bought a Doors CD. 

I bought a total of four books, and I got all those signed plus 3 vinyls and a CD. John Densmore was very cool and had no problem taking photo ops, which was a big relief since photo ops didn't happen at the NJ signing. 

I sold 3 of the books on ebay and I got back all the money I paid for the books, the vinyl, and gas! Essentially I got a book, a vinyl, a CD, a combo, and 4 extras all for FREE!

Four books

Four books signed (I kept the one in blue)

Vinyls and CD autographs

John Densmore photo op

No comments:

Post a Comment