Monday, May 20, 2013

My quick visit to Awesomecon

On April 20 I decided to make a quick visit to Awesomecon. The guest list was almost non-existent, but I was never able to catch Billy West at con. So I decided to hit it up prior to a Saturday night sex date. I normally hate mixing sex with meets but I figure this is a guarantee and I only need 2 people from the guest list, I should be in and out pretty quick. I also put 2 hours in the parking meter.

I arrive around 1 pm and it seems the two people I want (Billy West and Phil LaMarr‎) are doing Q&A sessions so they won't be at their table all the time. Booooo! I guess it's great for people who go to these things for more than just autographs and photo ops. But for me, very very inconvenient and hindering. 

I find myself to Billy West's table and wait in line. He finally arrives. The sign said $20 autograph includes free photo with, and $10 for only a photo op. After the first few people go through the line the guy in front of me wanted a combo but is asked for $30! He points out what is stated in the sign and I bring the sign to show them the evidence. They honor the $20 combo price and I ask for the same thing. Got my Futurama figure signed. Got the photo op and Billy West was nice as can be about it, even taking off his glasses. After I got my combo Billy asked his handler to take care of the sign. His handler took down the sign and blacked out the part that says free photo op with the autograph.

After him I stand in line for Phil LaMarr‎ who plays Hermes in Futurama. Sadly he was running late due to his Q&A and my meter was running out. Plus I had to get to my sex date 

Eventually he shows up, I get my photo op, rush to the meter. Thankfully no ticket. I then head to my sex date. I was a little late but it was of no consequence. 

Signed Fry figure

Billy West photo op

Phil LaMarr photo op

The sign after I got my photo op (the other blackened area is $25 for a recorded message and he told his handler he wasn't up for that). 

No comments:

Post a Comment