Friday, September 13, 2013

Various meets including a first time WWE HOFer meet

It was early September and it was awesome relaxing without worrying about combos. But then actor, comedian, and WWE Hall of Famer Drew Carey was in town. So I had to go meet him. 

He was ultra nice as can be. I asked him for the photo op and he goes "hold on let me put my glasses". Took a picture and signed me 3 items no problem! I got him on two 8x10s and on the inside cover of the WWE_E V1. Since my first shot was a bit blurry after he took care of other people I asked for a retake which he did no problem. At the end he even asked to make sure he took care of everybody. How I wish more celebrities were like that. 

Photo op

Autographs

Next up I was getting ready for the bookends signings on September 10, where I planned to meet Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, and Billy Crystal. But I had a little pre meeting haul before that. Clair Danes and other actors were in town, and I wanted to virgilize Clair Danes (already have a photo op). Apparently she signed going in so I wanted to go try. One grapher I knew was there and as luck would have it no one left yet! I thought I was going to be late but I wasn't. YES!!

There was also one other guy I'd never seen before who tried to tell me in his British accent that "everyone was gone" which was totally laughable. About 30 seconds later the first person came out. I had no idea who it was at the time, but it was Mandy Patinkin from Princess Bride, Dick Tracy, among others! Awesome score especially since it's yet another addition to my Princess Bride collection. Damn I should have started a laserdisc He did photo ops no problem. 

Next up was Damian Lewis and he was nice as can be. Did photo ops no problem. Same with Morena Baccarin (who was pregnant). 

Finally Claire Danes comes out and does nothing for no one 

While I did fail in my primary objective, I got 3 photo ops I didn't have, one of which I care to have and two pretty good "you never know" names. So I would say success overall. 

Mandy Patinkin

Full list of photo ops

After this, it was off to bookends in New Jersey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment