Sunday, March 16, 2014

My Pre Monstermania adventure

With the laziness and the cold getting the better of me in 2014, the time came for my first major combo hunting trek in 2014, the weekend of Monstermania in Cherry Hill and The Big Event in Queens. 

BUT I would actually have a warm up the Thursday BEFORE Monstermania.  

My first target was Chris Christie at a train station. I got there before he did, but sadly this was a total bust cause they snuck him in. 



Next up I go to a spot where Ariana Grande, Patti Labelle, among others were supposed to be. 

We see Melissa Etheridge and I try to get a photo op as she is being papped. But she goes "you can take a picture of me but not with me" 


As the meter maid arrives we have to move all our cars since we were illegally parked. Turns out we miss Ariana going in 



Coming out Ariana was being rushed into her car. One grapher does manage to get an autograph, but it is an Al Pacino style "a". 



Same deal with Melissa Etheridge. Rushed and does nothing. 


I was disgusted and disgruntled with everything I left and sat in the car thinking "dammit, why do they have to be such"


Just as I did that Patti Labelle fucking came out and calmly did combos with all who asked 

Defeated and depressed, I was not deterred. So I have dinner with a friend and wait it out. Nice of him to treat me for some $9 nachos.  

Back at the spot, we wait. First up is Patti Labelle. The doorman says she won't sign you can take photos. He also said no photo ops. I put my stuff away (which wasn't even for her) to make it look like I'm complying. Then when she comes out of the car I ask for a photo op and she says yes. Doorman tries to stop me but I say "she said yes" and I get a photo op. For one reason or another this photo op alluded me, so it was a nice conquest. 

Then Ariana's time comes. I did have an early morning flight on her but I didn't really feel like getting up early for a shot at her. Plus I had to get some sleep since I had 3 long days of combo hunting ahead of me. So this way my chance. Coming in, she is rushed and I get nothing. Not deterred I mooch my way in the hotel and others did the same! I get her to sign for me she goes "choose because I'm only doing one" and it's actually a NICE auto not a "Pacino" then I ask for a photo op and she goes "sure hon" and she POSES for me 



After this I run away before security tried to ban me. We were expecting Aretha Franklin, but I had nothing for her to sign and she generally doesn't do photo ops. Since I had some time, we tried a spot for Kathleen Turner to get my Who Framed Roger Rabbit laserdisc signed and maybe a photo op, but sadly never saw her. 

Patti Labelle

Ariana Grande

Ariana Grande autograph

Coming up next, Monstermania, Big Event, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment