Monday, May 26, 2014

in a state of AWESOME NIRVANA as I got LAID

After a nice break from combo hunting it is now mid April, the start of what would be a very long road ahead. 

Krist Novoselic (bassist and con founder of Nirvana) was in town after the Rock and Roll hall of fame. I got his outgoing flight and headed to the airport. Over there was a Master combo hunter from NYC who I hadn't seen for a few years. We chatted and BS'd a bit. He even commended me on finding that Krist flight, which he said indicated that I was getting pretty good at this. He said that most of the NYC folks did not find his when he came there (and I actually did find his NYC flight). 

The witching hour came and Krist shows up with his wife. We were 3 plus a pap. He was nice as can be. Signed, took photo ops. His wife even took pictures with her own camera! 

I got a photo op and I got several items signed

In Utero vinyl (already signed by David Grohl)
Unplugged CD (already signed by David Grohl and Pat Smear) 
Incesticide, Nevermind, In Utero CDs (already signed by David Grohl)
Bleach CD



He even asked me where I got Grohl. And while he was doing combos he also asked me to hold a bag of his. HCIT! 

Next up it was getting real close for Awesome Con. The day before I had flights for Billie Piper and Sean Astin arriving at two different airports. However, I had never heard of Billie Piper before she was announced for the con and I already had Astin, so I didn't see going out of the house as a worthwhile endeavor. But wait, Joresky posted on FB a flyer showing some Ron Jeremy appearances for that day! This changed the landscape. Since I had to go get Ron Jeremy to make up for the Exxxotica blunder in late 2013, it was now worth hitting up a flight to make the most out of my day. 

So I was now left with a predicament. Both were landing at the same time at different airports. Do I go for Billie Piper who I do not have a photo op with but may or may not take a picture with me? Or do I go for Sean Astin, who I already have but is as nice as can be. Multi combos from his are all but guaranteed. After some soul searching I decided to go for who I don't have. 

I arrive at the airport for Billie Piper. She is walking with her friend/assistant/whoever. I ask for a photo op and she is nice about it. Then while she is being papped I manage to beg for two things signed. So huge success. Considering this was $50 a pop at awesome con, I got a $150 value right there and then! 

Now it was off for Ron Jeremy. I arrive at the wine store where he was doing an appearance. Parking looked scarce, so I parked illegally and paid a  bum $5 to watch my car and come get me if someone wants to ticket me. 

I enter the liquor store and he is on the phone. So I wait. He gets off the phone and is happy to do a photo op. I then presented my photos to get signed, he marked out over them and showed the to his people, HCIT! He commented on how one photo was from the Wrecking Ball parody. 

He signed my stuff and then asked if he could exchange sharpies with me (he had a shitty one). I told him it's fine and he could keep my sharpie. I shook his hand, paid the bum $5, and was on my way home. 

Amazing how you sometimes forget that people can be nice. I didn't even have to pay money to buy one of his wine bottles 



Bille Piper



Next up it was time for Awesome Con. Most people had bad things to say about this con. For me it was pretty pleasant but then again I didn't need anyone big at that con, as I had them already. I arrive, and I find a free parking spot. Without going into detail as to how, I managed to get admission for only $10. 

It was a looonnng ass line to enter, but I mooched my way into about 60% of it and waited out the rest. Rather than go all the way to the back of the building, I went right in. When I finally got my wrist band I could finally start getting my people. 

First person I went for was Timothy Zhan, a famous author of Star Wars books. He signed my three books for free and took a photo op with me. Couple with free parking, this was a good start to my trek.

Next I go for Richard Horvitz who I know best as Alpha from Power Rangers. Got a photo op. Next to him was Maurice LaMarche who plays Brain in Pinky and the Brain. This was the only autograph I got besides the free Zhan ones. I had the Pinky and the Brain photo already signed by Rob Paulson for free at NYCC. So I completed it, and he even wrote "Ye-ess". Got a photo op as well. I then looked for Dirk Benedict from the A Team. He had $40 pro ops so it was a big fear of mine that he would be "pro only" but thankfully that was not the case. I got a nice table photo op. He even insisted we take two photo ops one with a thumbs up and one without. Then I got a photo op with J August Richards from Agents of Shield and Angel. He was appreciative to all who wanted to meet him. 

Joresky recommended I also get Billy Martin, guitarist of Good Charlotte. I went to his art booth and he was doing photo ops for free. So I got a photo op. A little boy asked to see the photo. I showed him the picture and Billy goes "yea that's me with him". Turns out that boy is his son. I asked if he likes Star Wars, he said yes. So I gave him a softcover book of Timothy Zhan that I had on me. His parents were grateful for it as they said "that's very nice of you" and I recommended to the boy's mom that they go get it signed. 





No comments:

Post a Comment