Sunday, August 23, 2015

Atlantic City Boardwalk Con

No rest for the weary. As I was done with my week long NYC ordeal, I head to Atlantic city with both markedout's heelorton and  

One of my main reasons for attending this con is Tress MacNeille who voices Babs Bunny in Tiny Toons, Dot in Animaniacs, and two of the main roles (Dale and Gadget) in Disney's Rescue Rangers. She was not scheduled for any other con. Plus it was sort of on the way back so it made perfect sense to stop there. 

I was so so beat I couldn't make the full drive the evening I left NYC so I stopped to sleep about an hour before we reached Atlantic City. But I wake up, finish the drive, and we are at the con. 

Joresky was getting combos with the Warriors cast so I get a free photo op with Terry Michos. I then get a photo op with Sean Gunn (for his work in Guardians of the Galaxy), split Drew Powell (Gotham) with heelorton, split Elizabeth Lail and Georgina Haig (Once Upon a Time) with Joresky, and get a photo op with Sean Maguire (Once Upon a Time),

The voice actors took a while to get at their table, but finally they were there. Thankfully I didn't need to pay for Rob Paulson as I got him for free at NYCC a couple of years back. For the other two I proposed this strategy to Joresky. Pay for autographs, mooch the photo op. And the plan worked. So we essentially got the full combo from each for the price of the autograph. 

Jess Harnell (Wakko) was nice and seemed happy to be there. Got him to sign my Animanics 8x10. Then to Tress MacNeille where she did voices for us which was awesome. After the combo her handler pointed out we didn't pay for the photo op and she goes "it's ok". I tell her how she is in so many of my favorite cartoons she replies "I'm really lucky".  

While I didn't need Rob Paulson, me and Joresky watched him sing the countries song in full Yakko voice to another fan. We both watched in awe and everyone clapped when he was done. 

My final table guest for the con was a photo op with Jim Cummings from Darkwing Duck. 

Now Kevin Smith is doing a panel. And he is someone I never got around to getting for one reason or another. After the panel me and Joresky both mooch our way into a backstage area where we see Smith greeting fans. Security gets upset but we make up a lie to secure our spots in that area. We stand in line and wait our turn. Then there was this little boy having a looonngg ass conversation with Kevin. Wow that was very nerve wrecking as any minute they could shut this whole thing down. It was like standing on thin ice while watching another person jump up and down jeopardizing the volatility of that ice. And if you try to stop him in any shape or form, you simply end up stomping the thin ice even further thus increasing the chances it'll break, so all you can do is calmly suppress your anger and do nothing. Thankfully it all worked out and I manage to get Silent Bob robed Kevin Smith, which was a huge relief. 

After ending the week long trek on a decent note, it was finally over 



Kevin Smith

Jess Harnell

Tress MacNeille

Jim Cummings

Full list of photo ops

Signed Animaniacs photo, completed

No comments:

Post a Comment