Thursday, August 20, 2015

Multi Day NYC Haul in May

After Wizard World Philly me and went to NYC for what would be a week long torturous and agonizing ordeal to would result in lots of physical and mental pain (that would endure even after it was over). 


Day 1

The trek starts the evening of Wizard World Philly. After Wizard World we head to the city and I go to try for Larry David which wound up to be an awesome decision because Victor Garber from Titanic and The Flash was a random there! I got a photo op and when seeing him the coming days he would be difficult to impossible. Martin Short was also there as a random I told him I didn't need to bother him because I got him before and he joked about that saying "oh you don't need me anymore". 

When it came time for Larry he signed my photo but didn't want to do selfies. Luckily someone took my photo op. 

After this I went to a spot with Vanessa Hudgens mainly cause I wanted to get Richard White who voiced Gaston in Disney's Beauty and the Beast. Unfortunately I find out that White comes out before the rest of the cast. I got photo ops with lower cast members and had no interest in dealing with the crowd just for an updated Vanessa photo op (didn't have items on me). 


Final spot for the evening was a spot for Reese Witherspoon. That is a photo op I needed badly. Sadly when she arrived she did one item per and no photo ops. And then she snuck out. To boot, there were no random celebrities at this spot. Big, big let down. 

Victor Garber

Larry David

Full list of photo ops


Day 2

Hit up the first spot for the day where we got a bunch of names. It was cool to upgrade my Craig Robinson car shot. Unfortunately we got a punch in the face cause we found out shortly before we arrived that somebody scored a photo op with Dolph Lundgren. He wasn't part of any of the events, but he was just there. Wow that would have been a huge score for both me and Joresky. We did wait and wait for him to return but sadly didn't see him. I guess the combo Gods didn't want us to get Dolph. 

Then went to another spot where I got a couple of names. Then I followed Joresky to another spot which was worthless. The only fascinating thing there was when we went to a bathroom that looked like it was out of a 1950s sci fi movie.

Here is that bathroom

I went back to the previous spot where I did decent. I saw Rob Lowe who was mobbed but thankfully I didn't need him as I got him before. One notable name I got was X-Files creator Chris Carter. 

Full list of photo ops part 1

Full list of photo ops part 2


Day 3


This day starts off at the first spot with a bunch of scores, including Melanie B of the Spice Girls, Scott Wolf from Double Dragon, Jamie Alexander from Thor, Mark-Paul Gosselaar from Saved by the Bell, among others. The big punch in the face here is seeing Wesley Snipes do nothing for no one It was even more painful that others got that photo op at other spots. 

Off to the next spot where we nab a premium spot - or so we thought. Unfortunately they changed the setup! WTF! So we had to improvise. This spot was total chaos with lots and lots of running around. 

I got a combo from Corey Michael Smith (The Riddler in Gotham), Got an autograph from Robin Lord Taylor and Ben McKenzie. I managed to chase Jamie Lee Curtis as she moved along and went to an area I wasn't allowed to in order to get a photo op with her! That is a huge score because she is normally not nice. I heard stories of how she would deliberately avoid old people. After I got her they barricaded that particular area. Via lots of running and begging and pleading I also managed to get an Emma Roberts photo op! 

Unfortunately Joresky failed on the Emma Roberts front and his reaction was this



I also got David Boreanaz to sign my Buffy/Angel photo. Damn does he have a horrid autograph. To think people pay a 3 figured number for that at conventions. I had to beg and plead a lot for that surprisingly. He was signing but seemed to single me out for some reason till I finally got it and he said "the 10th one I sign for you". Really?  This was the first and thus far only David Boreanaz autograph I got in my entire life!

Other notables were updates with John Stamos, Matt Bomer, Terence Howard, and a first time shot with Neil Tyson and Sarah Paulson. Fred Savage and John Travolta were doing combos but I had them already.  

After this I hit up 3 more spots throughout the evening. The previous spot of the day, then another where I get a Paula Abdul car shot and a less than ideal shot with January Jones, then another one, then back to the initial one. 


Cory Michael Smith

Terence Howard

Jamie Lee Curtis

Emma Roberts

January Jones

Paula Abdul

Mark Paul Gosellaar

Jamie Alexander

Full list of photo ops part 1

Full list of photo ops part 2

Full list of photo ops part 3

Full list of photo ops part 4

Full list of photo ops part 5

Full list of photo ops part 6



Day 4

This day starts with a relatively stress free meet. Ronda Rousey at a book signing. She sat down shortly before it was our turn to go up to her which was a punch in the face, but thankfully posed for anybody that asked. 

Go to another spot and got a few names. Then to another spot where we saw Melissa Benoist (Supergirl) who blew us off. I then ran to the other side of the building and she did multi combos over there! I got a full combo. 

Then another spot where Sharon Stone and Luis Guzman did nothing for no one but still got a ton of names. Then the final spot of the evening I got a few more names including Ken Jeong from the Hangover, which ended the day. 

Ronda Rousey

Melissa Benoist

Ken Jeong

Full list of photo ops part 1

Full list of photo ops part 2

Full list of photo ops part 3


Day 5


This day starts on a sour note where me and Joresky try to purchase tickets for NYCC. Literally as we were pressing the final complete order button, Wendy's wifi dies on us Wow I couldn't believe my bad luck. Thankfully we had a miracle as markedout's Greg2600 managed to order us two tickets 

Me and Joresky then go to the first spot. I breifly leave to check out another spot. I get one name before deciding it's a dud then go back to the original spot. I do decent there as upgrade my Jane Lynch shot and get several first time shots including Luiz Guzman. One notable blow off was Stephen Colbert who didn't do photo ops. I can never seem to get him photo op wise. 

I then stop by a spot where Woodmo and others were on a railing, then decide to join markedout's heelorton at an "easy" spot. I got Dan Lauria on my Wonder Years photo, got a photo op with actress Swoosie Kurtz who was a random (thanks to heelorton for phoning me to over), among other photo ops. 

Went to one final spot for the evening before calling it a day. My body at that point was telling me I needed to stop. Pain was everywhere. Despite Joresky saying things like "I'm here to rack" much like an uncharged phone cannot make calls, and uncharged body cannot combo hunt. 

Swoosie Kurtz

Luis Guzman


Jane Lynch

Full list of photo ops part 1

Full list of photo ops part 2


Day 6

This day starts off early in the morning. But after getting 7-8 hours of sleep WOW did I feel better. The first spot was chaos defined, where I would run around, scream, beg, etc. Had to REALLY beg for the photo op with David Ramsey from Arrow but I broke him down. Got combos from Willa Holland (Thea Queen), Tom Cavanagh (Reverse Flash), Grant Gustin (Flash), Carlos Valdes (Cisco), among many other photo ops. Jesse L Martin and Paul Blackthorne I only got an autograph from since I had photo ops. Brandon Routh was doing photo ops with all who wanted but I got a perfect shot from Wizard World so I had no reason to get one. Daniel Panabaker for some reason did not want to sign for me. 

Over to the next spot where I got DJ Qualls, Aaron Stanford (Pyro in X-Men 2 and 3), among others. Sadly I JUST missed Julian McMahon (Dr Doom) and many did not come over. 

As I arrive at the next spot with Greg2600 I arrive just in time to get Julian McMahon! Wow that felt good. I got Josh Holloway, improved my George Hamilton photo op, among other things. Markedout's Lanza would also make an appearance here. 

Went to the last spot for the evening which was the same as the morning spot, got a couple more names and that was it. 

Julian McMahon

Aaron Stanford

DJ Qualls

Willa Holland

Tom Cavanagh

Carlos Valdes


David Ramsey

Full list of photo ops part 1

Full list of photo ops part 2

Full list of photo ops part 3

Full list of photo ops part 4


Day 7

The final day. I chose to hit up yesterday morning's spot without eating breakfast. This was a good move cause I got photo ops with Ciara Rene (Hawk Girl), Wentworth Miller (Captain Cold), Arthur Darvill (Rip Hunter, took lots of begging), and Dominic Purcell (Heat Wave). 

Grant Gustin came out I had no reason to get a downgrade of a photo op so I got an autograph. 

After this spot me and Joresky went to find the movie set of Dakota Johnson and Rebel Wilson but we could not find it (as we would later find out, it wasn't even set up at that point). We then go try for actress Leah Remini but a security guard told us no one else was coming today. We believed him but still waited just in case he was lying. After it seemed like everything was dead we left the spot.

We are then joined by our buddies Jimmy and James and we go back to the filming spot and everything was now setup. Sadly, neither Dakota Johnson nor Rebel Wilson were trying to accommodate anyone! Me and Joresky go to try for Emma Roberts and Dave Franco. Emma does nothing for no one, Dave I got a combo from. 

Me and Joresky have a rule that if all else fails, go to the "easy" spots. As I told Joresky after the wave of failures, "well, all else has failed". 

So we go our separate ways and try our own "easy" spots. My first spot for me was for Amanda Seyfried. I got her before but had a magazine for her to sign. There's a crowd inside and a crowd outside. I elect to stay outside. As soon as her co star Thomas Sadoski starts signing, she runs out the side door. OH HELL NO! I came to "easy" spots as a fallback here! I ran after her till she was close to her car and started screaming and begging and she signed my magazine! After this I got a photo op with Thomas. 

For the final spot I go back to the Vanessa Hudgens spot and was joined by heelorton. This time I was keeping my eyes open to spot Richard White. When I see someone exit the door that could have been him I yell out "Richard" and he stops and looks back and says "yes?". His reaction was this face I tell him that I came to see him while everyone came to see Vanessa. Again, the same face as goes "ok". I then ask him for a photo op he agrees to it but wonders what to do. I ask him to come closer so I can get it and he goes "sure". I also say I have something for him to sign. I pull out my Beauty and the Beast laserdisc and goes "oh wow you came prepared" and he also asked how I knew he was in the cast. Since I didn't like my photo op after he left the raining I got another shot and the security guard began telling at me. Really? The guy can't believe he's being stopped and security is yelling? 

Vanessa then comes out, does combos, and I get combo. This would be my final meet before leaving the city and going to Atlantic City Boardwalk Con.


Dominic Purcell

Arthur Darvill

Wentworth Miller

Ciara Renée


Richard White

Full list of photo ops


Now to showcase autographs obtained:

Signed stuff part 1

Signed stuff part 2 (Flash poster signed by Jesse, Grant, Carlos, and Tom)

Beauty and the Beast laserdisc

No comments:

Post a Comment