Thursday, September 3, 2015

Monstermania August 2015 report

After our David Koechner success, we all crash in the abode of  as we prepare to head out for Monstermania in a few hours. Arrive at Monstermania, first guest is Malcolm McDowell. I split that with Asian Dave as he cares for the autograph and I care for the photo op. So that worked out well. Then I go for Brad Dourif who voiced Chucky. I got a picture with him at NYCC but wanted a better shot. Unfortunately they were trying to say no flash but with a sob story I managed to get him to say "just take it" and got the flash. 

Then I got photo ops with every White Zombie band member. This completes my White Zombie band members since I already have Rob. 

NYC combo hunter Raul shows up. And I stuck with him as celebrities tend to give him breaks. First guest I got with Raul was Rachel True. She did not have a photo op only price and I didn't want to pay for the autograph. My negotiations previously in the day were fruitless. But Raul managed to get her to agree to a cheaper photo op price and I split that cheaper price with him. Next was Danielle Harris and she did a free split photo op for us. 

Raul then struck a photo op deal with RF for the wrestlers he brought in. And X-Pac was being nice to Raul. I don't remember if I ever got X-Pac no shades so I asked Raul to get him to agree to doing a photo op with both of us. And he did. 

Now the issue of Neve Campbell and Skeet Ulrich. Initially I had agreed to split the pro ops with markedout's Greg2600. Of course they end up doing table ops! And Raul was getting his really cheap deals which I could have split with but sadly could not as I already made the promise to split with Greg. 

When Greg arrives he talks to Dave of Monstermania about getting refunds for the pro ops! Dave made the arrangements for the refund. I will never say a bad thing about Monstermania's Dave for as long as I live.

So now we were free of the dreaded pro ops! Me and Greg ended up splitting Skeet but Greg didn't want to split Neve. So I had to pay for Neve by myself. Although I ended up paying more than I would have with Raul, I ended up paying the same amount as I would have for both split pro ops with Greg, and I got the superior product, ie photos in my camera without the green screen and a single shot in the case of Neve. So I can't complain too much with the final result as it trumped the expected result when entering Monstermania. 

Besides that I got Bin Furuya (Ultraman) thanks to Asian Dave. Again didn't want to pay for an autograph. He wanted a Nakajima autograph. So he paid for him and I snuck in for Furuya and paid some cash to Asian Dave. So that also worked out well. 

Before heading out to NYC we had a nice meal at a Chinese buffet, which I think may be a new Cherry Hill tradition. 

Neve Campbell

Full list of photo ops

No comments:

Post a Comment