Monday, April 18, 2016

Carol Burnett, Eddie Money, plus other music meets

On this day there was an event with a bunch of music related names. The two names on that list I cared for the most were Eddie Money and Dee Snider. And Snider I already met twice. But I had an early morning Eddie flight. So I thought I would do that, then do a Carol Brunet flight later in the day (which would happen the same time as entries to the music event) and after that call it a day. 

I arrive early morning, and adelta arrives with a Master. We wait for Eddie money, he arrives and is nice as can be. I get the photo op and autographs. 

Later in the day I return for Carol Burnett with a different set of graphers. I already have her but thought I could improve my photo op and get more autographs. We wait and finally see her. She says to walk with her for autographs. I end up with a photo op and 4 autographs. 

Kinda gets you thinking, so many modern day actresses are total bitches, want nothing to do with fans, hardly even pose and have horrid autos if they sign. Whereas someone like Carol Burnett will take care of everyone and give nice full autographs. She even liked the photos I had her sign. 

At this point I could have gone home, but decided I would do the music event on exits. And while I had to sacrifice my evening I'm actually glad I did. Only thing that sucks is I didn't have things to get signed since I wasn't planning to go.  

So I arrive at the event and again adelta joins along with others. 

Many names I get were WHO names. First I get Wale and Yolonda Adams. But I did get a Dee Snipder combo, improved my Smokey Robinson photo op (he didn't sign anything for anyone), Kem photo op, improved my Nancy Pelosi photo op, got producer Peter Asher. 


Then Kathy Sledge of the group Sister Sledge (We Are Family) comes out. She is one I really wish I had albums for. But she is nice as can be signing everything for everyone doing photo ops. You would think she is barely valid as nice as she was. My first shot was invalid since both her eyes were closed but she was more than happy to pose again. 

Then I get Paul Wall, Grammy owner Neil Portnow, Eddie Money again, Robert Kool Bell, Rodney Jerkins, Ed Roland, and Warren Haynes (former Allman brothers guitarist, but not original). Didn't know who Ed Roland was but upon research he's the lead singer of Collective Soul who sang the 90s song Shine which I actually know (but completely forgot about). So I consider that a good score for me. 

Eddie Money

Carol Burnett

Smokey Robinson


Kathy Sledge

Full event photo ops

Autographs obtained


No comments:

Post a Comment