Monday, April 11, 2016

The Weekend of Multi PUNCHES

Before heading to the Three Stooges con in PA and then NYC, I meet up Friday night with  and adelta outside a Disturbed concert. As I arrive I apparently miss the singer but he was hooded up and rushed to the bus. I did however get photo ops with the other three band members, two of which are original. 

With both Joresky and adelta in the car we then go to a spot for Mike Epps who I know best from The Hangover movies. We had no access at that spot so we had to rush to the next spot. He sees us and was baffled that we did what we did, but was cool about signing and taking pictures. 

Adelta then found info for Floyd Mayweather at a club, but it wasn't 110% guaranteed that we'd get a photo op. Since it was very late and we had a long weekend ahead of us I decided to call it a night. In hindsight that was a terrible move because looking at Instagram it looked like he did photo ops. I got him before but it's a car shot with hat and shades. So that was quite a PUNCH in the face and one of the plethora of bad decisions I've ever made whence hunting. 

Get up early Saturday to the Three Stooges con. My main goal was to upgrade my Chris Diamantopoulos photo op since he is hooded up in my airport picture. We go inside and get a combo with Johnny Ginger (Billy the Kid). He was only $5 an auto free 8x10 and photo op! Wow you don't see too much of that in this day and age. At that price I'd feel bad mooching him. So he got my $5. 

We then went to the Q&A and waited for it to finish. Then I rushed to stage and got my Chris Diamantopoulos combo and a photo op with writer Mike Cerrone. At this point they were trying to prevent combos but I ignored like I usually do. Then I got Will Sasso to sign. Didn't bother to fight for that photo op since I had him already. But a few minutes later he was doing photo ops as he was leaving the room so I got a photo op. We were also joined by markedout's Andrew. 

There was a 1pm signing but I didn't need anything there. So I tagged along for moral support. After the signing the trek at the con ended. 

Disturbed band members

Mike Epps 

Three Stooges con photo ops

Three Stooges con autographs


Now the lead singer of Disturbed was in Philly. I had the choice to go redeem that miss or head to NYC. I chose to head to NYC since there were chances at celebrities I wanted more and to cut down on driving time. First spot was one for Benedict Cumberbatch but we saw no activities. So we went to a spot for randoms but sadly saw nothing. 

Then we walked 2 blocks and people were waiting for two of the nastiest celebs that exist, namely Ed Norton and Kierra Knightly. Markedout's heelorton was also waiting. Baffled me why people would consider dedicating time to these two, but minutes later me and Joresky leave go to yet another possible Benedict Cumberbatch spot. This spot has activity but we can't find where to stand. Wow what a punch in the face. Could have gone to Philly and gotten the singer of Disturbed instead I came to NYC and got nothing. 

With this failure and PUNCH, I go to where I'm practically guaranteed success, namely Rider Strong (Shawn Hunter in Boy Meets World). We wait and Rider arrives and is as accommodating as can be. You don't see that too often. I got a combo from him. Director Dennis Hauck arrives and I get a photo op from him as well. Joanna Cassidy was supposed to be at this spot but sadly never showed up. 

After this I go to another spot where my main goal is Phylicia Rashad. While I was looking for her Benedict Cumberbatch was randomly seen but did nothing for no one. Finally I see Phylicia and I get a photo op and two autographs. This completes my Cosby Show cast! Sadly Claire Danes and Hank Azaria sneak out. I got them before but had items for them. Didn't expect to get Claire but I thought I'd at least get Hank. 

Next up a Timothy Olyphant spot. At this spot I get photo ops with Keith Nobbs, Adelaide Clemens (Silent Hill: Revelation), and Jenn Lyon. Finally Timothy comes out and I get a combo from him. 

Me, Joresky, Aussie Josh, Asian Dave, and Pablo then all go for 2 Bros Dollar pizza slices as we brace for a late night. 

Now we need to find info for the next spot, so we go to where we need to find that info. Sadly the rain was coming down which made finding info much much harder. We got Lennie Pickett at that spot and Asian Dave struck gold by getting a first time Adam Sandler and Paul Rudd shots. With that news I prepped my Adam and Paul 8x10s from the stack I randomly in my car.

At the last possible moment we get to the right spot and Gwen Stefani does nothing for no one as she goes inside. Peter Dinklage apparently did nothing going in. Got comedian Jim Breuer as he was leaving and he was nice as can be even shook my hand after the photo op. Gwen Stefani finally comes out and it was a lot of pushing and shoving but I got an item signed. Someone did get a photo op but she generally didn't do those but I have a near perfect shot with her so that didn't affect me. 

Adam Sandler comes out and I score a photo op with his wife Jackie Sandler who is actually valid. I also get Adam to sign me an 8x10. Then I got a walk-along selfie. Already had him but he was doing them and figured this is at least different due to facial hair. Leslie Jones comes out and was posing so I got an upgrade with her. 

Now Andrew Shue comes out and I couldn't for the life of me get a valid photo op with him as he wasn't really trying to stop. I got three shots, one essentially invalid and two completely invalid. ugh! Judd Apatow was being his usual friendly self and I got an update. Finally Peter Dinklage and Paul Rudd exit but do absolutely nothing for no one. Needed a Peter combo and Paul autos so that was pretty crushing to wait all night and not get them. 

The final spot for the evening, while technically not a bust as I got stuff, was sadly sub par at best. 

Full list of Saturday NYC photo ops

Rider Strong


Phylicia Rashad

Adelaide Clemens

Timothy Olyphant

Leslie Jones

Andrew Shue take 1 (invalid)

Feasting on dollar pizza slices (or in the case of Asian Dave, $1.75 pepperoni)

Full list of Saturday NYC autographs

After some sleep me and Joresky decide to start our day off with a name that will likely be easy. Namely, Jonathan Freeman AKA Jafar in Disney's Aladdin. We arrive at the spot and play the waiting game, finally he shows up. He is more than happy to pose and sign, even waiting for us to be finished with everything and giving nice autographs. None of that "sorry guys I gotta go" or "sorry I'm late" crap, no rushing, nothing. These are the perfect type of names to start your day with because you're most guaranteed to start your day off with a combo and they start their day feeling special. 

We then go to a spot for randoms and also Andie Macdowell but sadly see none. Now we had info on Benedict Cumberbatch but decided to hit up the Ed Harris spot for a couple of reasons. a) We thought there would be randoms b) We thought Amy Madigan would do photo ops since it's their last day (plus she did a photo op with Asian Dave the evening before) and c) Benedict is not known to do photo ops. Let's see our batting average. 

Since it's cold I run to the Ed Harris spot. Joresky was smart enough to pass by a spot for Phil Collen (guitarist of Def Leppard). As it turns out he got that photo op. Yet another PUNCH in the face for me. At this point I was sitting all warm in the Ed Harris spot but super miserable. 

So the spot starts letting out and right off the bat Adam Sandler is at the bar with his family and we get photo ops. Really weird seeing him just chilling like a normal person. Then we see Alex Wolff and Joan Allen as randoms! Wow pretty good names for randoms! But apparently Adam Driver was also there and I didn't see him. I ran outside to see if I could find him but no luck! Missed a chance at him, yet another PUNCH in the face.

Ed and Amy come out, I upgrade my Ed Harris shot and as we predicted Amy did photo ops! I couldn't believe it! So far 2 of our 3 predictions came true. Nat Wolf comes out and he is clean shaven so I get an upgrade! And finally another photo op with Taissa Farmiga just because. Despite two punches in a row I wasn't upset with 3 fresh names and 2 upgrades. 

Next up a spot for Saiorse Ronan, Ben Whishaw and others. We arrive and stand by some Masters. Saiorse Ronan comes out and is super rushed. Seems like you couldn't get a combo, either or. I said I had nothing to get signed and wanted the photo op and she barely did it. Then Ciarán Hinds is was begrudgingly doing combos and cursing out a dealer and I got a photo op. Ben Whishaw comes out and is super nice, get a photo op and two autographs. Sadly Ben has a beard which takes away from the photo op. Finally Sophie Okonedo comes and is super nice. I get a photo op. 

Despite the sweeping success at the last two spots, we would find out that a few people got Dr Strange suited Benedict Cumberbatch photo ops, which was the final and most major PUNCH in the face. Wow just wow. Guess one of our predictions did not come true and it turned out to be the punch of punches. 

Stood at a final spot in the evening in the hopes of seeing Andie Macdowell but we only see current Smashing Pumpkin guitarist Jeff Schroeder. This ended our trek. 

Full list of Sunday photo ops

Jonathan Freeman

Adam Sandler

Alex Wolff

Joan Allen

Ed Harris

Amy Madigan

Nat Wolff

Saiorse Ronan

Ciarán Hinds

Ben Whishaw

Full list of Sunday autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment