Friday, June 10, 2016

Wizard World World Philly Fuck Money Fest

This would start as me and drove to Wizard World. Normally we leave the evening before so as to commandeer a free parking spot and to mooch a breakfast. Due to driving there the day of this would mean we would sacrifice the mooched breakfast and would likely have to split parking. So we arrive and I begin my quest for parking. I figured there was zero chance we'd find a free spot the Saturday morning of Wizard World but to my shock there was a spot not too far from the venue! I even told Joresky that it was probably a fire hydrant but when I looked I couldn't believe my eyes as there was no hydrant. After parking I would triple check all the signs and everything checked out!

Thankfully my wants this WW were low. I already had all the Marvel guests and only needed Bob Gale from the Back to the Future guests. So thankfully for me, I wouldn't have to be a major participant in the fuck money fest compared to everyone else. 

Enter the con. First I stand in line for Billy Boyd. His pro op was done and they had "selfies $50" written on the price paper. Although anyone that got an autograph got a free photo op at the table. I go in line and blend in, then when the time came and a girl who got an autograph got the selfie then I quickly grabbed my selfie 

A free Billy Boyd photo op was a fantastic start to the day. Now it's time for the X-Files folks. First I go to William B Davis and get a photo op. Next is Mitch Pileggi. I see someone with two items to get signed so I offer to take one of his items and we split the combo price (saving each one of us $10). Unfortunately it was pulling teeth explaining to him the deal, even him thinking that I'm getting the long end of this stick (false, we are each saving $10). It even got the point where he told the handler "we're not actually together these are my items". why or why is something that simple like trying to explain rocket science to some people. Thankfully it worked out and I got the photo op for $10 less than I would have if I had paid solo 

Next up I join Joresky in the Bob Gale line. When the time came I got a FREE photo op as I didn't purchase an autograph. This ended my wants at WW! Wow not only were my wants limited to begin with, but coupled with mooching, partially mooching, and free, this felt so damn good. 

Then the time came to drop Joresky to the bus station and head to NYC. He wanted to go for Modern English in Baltimore and then Awesome Con in DC Sunday. But there was no one I really wanted at Awesome Con so NYC (which incidentally were Modern English's next stop after Baltimore) seemed like a better deal rather than back track. 

Unfortunately I was met with a PUNCH in the face. I get a call where a friend of mine had a hook up for a Selena Gomez meet and greet. I would have EASILY backtracked for that but by that time I got there it would have been too late. Hindsight is 20/20 I should have immediately bolted after getting Bob Gale. But since I knew nothing about the hookup earlier on I can't blame myself. 


Billy Boyd



Full list of Wizard World photo ops

No comments:

Post a Comment