Thursday, January 26, 2017

Presidential Inauguration Week Report Part 1

This is a multi day report that took place during the week when President Trump officially became the president and supreme leader of the United States of America. 


Day 1

On this day I had a flight for Lee Greenwood. I also found Jon Voight but sadly he cancelled his flight and flew private. I already have Voight so this was not a major punch but it would have been nice to make my time more worthwhile as both Greenwood and Voight were coming in at almost the same time. But I still needed Greenwood and he's a nice guy so I still embarked on this. 

Arrive and it's time for the meet. He is nice as can be, took a photo op and signed four CDs and a vinyl, even asking me where I got these. 

By a shocking coincidence at baggage claim was none other than Three Doors Down, who I didn't look for but I needed. Of the 5 members 2 are original including the lead singer. The others are barely valid. All were nice and I got photo ops with all of them. Also Dick Gregory was spotted and I got a photo op just because he was there. 

Wow I was happy because I only thought I would get Greenwood but I get him and Three Doors Down. I was on my way home victorious then I get a call from a Master who tells me that singer and actress Sabrina Carpenter is coming in and to look for a flight. Shockingly while in the car I find the flight coming later that evening So I turn back, park for free, chill, and kill time by eating free samples at a supermarket and a mall, scouring the coin star machine for left change (without success), and browsing around randomly. Now it's time to go back to the airport. The witching hour arrives and I was the first to ask her for a photo op and she goes "sure" and I get the photo op! As she signs I also get an autograph. She charges $100 for the m&g and while this photo op isn't as good as the m&g ones I'll happily take it (I should add that the m&g doesn't include the autograph). 

Planned for just Lee Greenwood, got him, two original members of Three Doors Down, AND Sabrina Carpenter. Definitely a good day!

Lee Greenwood

Sabrina Carpenter

Full list of Day 1 photo ops


Day 2

This day was the quickest and easiest. Basically just Pamela Anderson at the airport. This would be my second time ever meeting her. Graphers attacked her but she was accommodating signing most everything in front of her. I got her on a magazine, three 8x10s, and two WWE_E books. Then finally got her on a fold out poster. Also got a photo op.  


Sadly on the first WWE_E I had her sign he signed in big and over the wrong Wrestlemania entry! UGH! On the second one she signed it much nicer right near he photo. 

Pamela Anderson


Day 3

Here I had a choice between Caitlyn Jenner at one airport, and Jimmy Carter and Rosalynn Carter at another airport. I chose option #2 even though I have a Jimmy Carter photo op. Figured I better get another auto since he's 90+ and it gives me a shot at Rosalynn. I also had Christina Hendricks coming in at that same airport. So it decreased the headache of back and forth. Plus I don't think I'd enjoy having a Caitlyn Jenner photo op anyway.

So first stop is the Carters. We see police and secret service out and about. A cop comes out to us and asks what we're waiting for. Someone replies "same person you're waiting for" and the cop goes "who" and he goes "you know who" and the cop goes "tell me" and the reply was "former US president Jimmy Carter". We told him how we got Carter here in the past and the cop goes "it's not going to happen today" to which I reply "you don't know that and I don't know that" 

The witching hour arrives. Jimmy comes over to sign. I try asking Rosalynn for the photo op but she sadly ignores me. I get Jimmy on an 8x10 of him and Rosalynn. 

Next up a Christina Hendricks flight. She is nice amd does 3 per person and also the photo op. Then I remember that her husband is actually an actor and ask him for a photo op. He does it no issue. One Master who was at that flight had other flights coming in that I didn't bother looking for so I tagged along. 

First one of these is Alysia Reiner from Orange is the New Black. She is nice as can be. Then Tim Daly. At this point I am joined by Vanessa the Jersey Shore Stalker. Get more autographs from Tim Daly as well as another photo op. Final flight is former child actress Mae Whitman. She is also nice as can be and I got another shot with her plus some autographs. 

We then wait on a couple of other flights in the hopes of randoms, but we see no one. 

Overall a sub par day but at least I didn't walk away with nothing. 

Full list of Day 3 photo ops


Day 4

This day starts with Jimmy Carter round two (this time with Vanessa tagging along). Again we wait for Carter, we get the speech from secret service. I get Jimmy Carter to sign a baseball. I then step back to try and ask Rosalynn for a photo op then get yelled at by the police. I then showcase my 8x10 signed by Jimmy and say "Miss Carter I got your husband on it" and she looks at the photo and goes "oh my". The cops yell at me again saying "she doesn't do it". I then ask "can I get your autograph" and the cop lashes out again at me saying "she said no, no means no" (which she technically didn't). She was walking to the escalator and I was on the other side so I sadly I had little to no chance for a photo op. I simply stayed put and extended the 8x10 to her and she signed it for me. Vanessa tried getting her to sign but she didn't do anything more than my 8x10. 

After this we both go to Costco and eat. Then it was off to the city. While I managed to park for free it was sadly difficult to get to our spot in the city, even hindered by the parade. Go back to the car and as I'm driving I get a call from a Master. He asks where I'm at and what I'm doing. Then he says he has a flight, won't tell me who, but to come and pick him up. So I go pick him up and we all head to the airport. Turns out it's actress Michelle Rodriguez from The Fast and the Furious. Decent name! She arrives and I manage to get the combo no issue. 

Sadly this was not without a PUNCH in the face. Apparently at the spot where I wanted to go Tim Allen, a huge want of mine, came out of there, did photo ops, and walked away! He wasn't even on the list of people to appear in that spot so no one knew. Wow I was beside myself. 

I did manage to eventually find my way to the spot (parked then walked 20 minutes) where a Master was waiting (and got Tim Allen). He was also waiting for Radioman who is a buddy of his. He points out Hollywood attorney Gloria Allred and I get a photo op. Radioman arrives and curses me out to him. At one point Radioman hands flyers of his documentary. Gives one to his buddy and one to Vanessa. I say "hey none for me, damn that hurts Radioman". Then he gives me one. Then I try to get him to sign it and he signs for me and Vanessa. This completes my combo with Radioman. 

People start to exit the spot and I get a few photo ops but nothing I didn't have sadly. Just upgrades as they were looking nicer. I actually had one big want at the spot. Namely Matthew Modine. But sadly he no showed. So that was another PUNCH.

One notable interaction was with Mae Whitman. She said hi to Radioman and he didn't know who she was. She then proceeded to remind Radioman of when she filmed with him on set and how she was a little girl. She was super excited to see Radioman. Radioman then asked for her swag bag and she goes "sure you can have it". He also proposed that she take any of the inside contents that she wants so he can just have the actual bag. But she tells Radioman that he can have everything. 

We did try one other party to see what was there, but sadly it was a dud. 

Aside from one Michelle Rodriguez, this day was sadly a bust. If I got Tim Allen that would have been huge. 

Michelle Rodriguez

Christina Hendricks

Mae Whitman

Full list of Day 4 photo ops


Stay tuned for Presidential Inauguration Week Report Part 2 for the final day of combo hunting during that week. In the meantime, let's showcase autographs obtained the past four days: 

Lee Greenwood

Michelle Rodriguez and Sabrina Carpenter

Pamela Anderson

Pamela Anderson fold out

Jimmy Carter and Rosalynn Carter

Signed 8x10s

Radioman flyer

No comments:

Post a Comment