Wednesday, February 28, 2018

An assortment of wrestling meets in January (WWE and otherwise)

Wrestling wise January starts with WWE when I get a flight for Shane McMahon! Wow what an awesome way to start the year! I get there with markedout's adelta and sadly it would not be as turns out it's a different Shane McMahon after this PUNCH me and adelta go to the WWE hotel. As I'm parking I get a call that the Riott Squad are out and about! I need them all! I quickly get there, park in front of the hotel telling the staff I'll be 5 minutes, and I score single shots with each of them, making Liv Morgan my first wrestling photo op of 2018. After I park my car I would score another fresh name who has alluded me for a long time, announcer Tom Phillips! 

Meanwhile I'm seeing lots of repeat names  and Darryl DMC McDaniels is spotted. I get another photo op with him. I got Harvey Wippleman again as I figured clean shaven is at least different. I didn't bother with all the repeat names as I wanted to keep a low profile, but eventually a bunch of fans attack AJ Styles as he is about to go in his car and security tells everyone including me that we have to leave (again to clarify I didn't even budge for AJ Styles). So I exit but stay around the property and I score a fresh name in announcer Dasha Fuentes.

Me and adelta then go to an all you can eat buffet, Chill out at my place, then go back to the spot. We hope to see Shane come back even though we knew slim chance of that. But I scored a group shot with the Riott Squad and more WWE_E autographs. Saw lots of names that I didn't bother with. Even told Charlotte to have a good night and she thanked me, HCIT! 

Randy Orton comes through signs one a piece no issue but declined adelta for a photo op. I didn't even ask since I have two great photo ops with him. It's a great feeling to not need many photo ops. Takes away so much stress.

One blow off was Kalisto who declined a photo op because he had no mask. Sucks cause I needed him.

WWE_E V3 autographs obtained at this spot

Harvey Wippleman
Randy Orton
Tyson Kidd
Tom Phillips

After this we ate some Burger King and waited for mass exits where we saw pretty much the whole Smackdown roster. Sadly the only fresh name I had to gain was Cedric Alexander. Thankfully I scored that along with some WWE_E autographs. 

Xavier Woods looked like he wanted to hang himself but he signed for us. Kalisto happily signed for us but sadly he politely declined to give us any kind of photo op.  I missed a Sami Zyan auto as I didn't have his page ready in time (wasn't expected him to stop).

At one point we end up riding a shuttle bus with Becky Lynch. HCIT! Get her and get The Miz who also didn't seem happy to see us. 

We had a Rusev and Lana flight and I needed a better Lana shot, but since she has always declined me at an airport I didn't think that was worth the wait. So we mooched some breakfast and I dropped adelta at the train station.

WWE_E V3 autographs obtained at this spot

The Miz
Tye Dillinger
Kalisto
Kofi Kingston
Xavier Woods
Zack Ryder


Full list of photo ops


Next up wrestling wise is Icons of Wrestling (RF Con)! When Sting was announced in Wolfpac attire I got all excited! I even found a flight for him the evening prior as I wanted a Steve Borden shot.

I get to the airport and wait for him as he's about to exit the plane. I chose this spot because I wanted to make sure I'm away from any promoters. He takes a photo op with me but refuses to sign saying "I can't". I told him I would see him the next day for the wolfpack op. After this I tried for Henry Rollins in Philly but sadly never saw him. So he must have left a different way.

Park by the former ECW Arena and sleep for the night. Wake up and get ready for the con! Luckily I find someone with two Sting figures so I was able to save a little money on the photo op by splitting the combo.

First I pick up upgrades with Mean Gene Okerlund and Victoria. Then get a fresh name in Jessie Godderz. Mean Gene is wearing shades in my shot and my Victoria shots are all airport photo ops where she has a cap on that covers half her head.

When I got up to the table for Sting he told the promoter "this is the airport stalker I was telling you about" and the promoter said "at least he kept his word". Sting then asked if I had something I wanted signed I said yes and got my magazine. Sting told the promoter "I want to take care of this" and I got a freebie! So Wolfpack suited Sting full combo cost me $50. Not too bad. He told me "see, it worked out" and I said "thanks I appreciate you". He responded "and I appreciate you". I now have FOUR different looks for Sting. Steve Borden, Crow, Wolfpac, and Joker. Now all I need is surfer!

Ended my time at RF con with another fresh name in Renee Michelle. I wanted Teddy Hart but couldn't find him and no one could give me an answer as to whether or not he was even in the building. Wanted to ask RF but he seemed too pre occupied with the Ric Flair line. I decided to bail Philly and head out for my first NYC endeavor of 2018.

Steve Borden

Wolfpac Sting

Full list of photo ops

Sting autograph

No comments:

Post a Comment