Thursday, March 1, 2018

First New York City endeavor of 2018

Day 1

With RF Con in the rear view mirror, it was off to NYC for the first time in 2018!

First spot I try for randoms, but don't luck out. Then go to another spot where I hope to see John McVee of Fleetwood Mac and composer John Williams (I have Williams but wouldn't mind a better shot). Sadly didn't see them.

I go for actress Francesca Annis who I know best from the movie Dune. She doesn't come out so I have to come back. I then go to a huge want of mine, Hayley Mills. Most everyone who worked on Walt era Disney stuff is sadly dead and gone. So anyone left that is both alive and gettable is a real treat. Some classic Disney movies she was in include Parent Trap, Polyanna, and That Darn Cat.

I wait there and and get a couple of the barely valids in her show marking my first NYC photo ops of 2018. I hear she is inside in the lobby, so I go inside and she is nice as can be, marking my first significant NYC combo of 2018.

Back to the spots for the two Johns along with markedout's HeelOrton and friend. We see John Williams but we notice him too late and by the time we're calling for him he is close to the door. Then to another spot where there's activity. Sadly the crowd is too crazy and if you're not one of the first one or two to get the photo op it was basically worthless. I see Quincy Jones and he does nothing but thankfully I have him. I get a couple of ops that I don't care too much about (Dua Lipa being one of them) then move on to a spot where I can actually get results. 

I wait for Evanna Lynch and she is nice as can be. Move on to another spot for Mark Addy and Mark Caulfield. Need Addy got Caulfield at Chiller. They come out, nice as can be.

Now to another spot where I need to find the last spot for the evening. I find the info and Joresky asks "you're not going to give me the info?". I replied by asking him if he would tell me the info and he uttered "no" in admittance. Then he got upset I wasn't telling him and even began to whisper and squirm to other people that I was withholding the info from him. Go to the last spot and eventually Joresky does find his way there. But sadly nothing good was happening here. Will Farrell said he was with him family and did nothing going in or out (I even held the umbrella for him and his son as he was leaving). I have him but wanted autos and a better shot. Got some chump change here nothing good. I left with Vanessa the Jersey Shore Stalker and friend to check out another spot but it was dead. I then dropped them home and got some much needed sleep. While some other people came out of that spot after I left they were basically people I had.

Hayley Mills

Mark Addy

Evanna Lynch

Full list of Day 1 photo ops


Day 2

I start my day waiting for actor Mark Rylance. Was a strict one per but I got the full combo. A great start to the day. Waited more for the two Johns for HeelOrton and friend then went to try for Francesca Annis again. She came out and is nice as can be. Also got the two barely valids.

Waited for Patrica Richardson of Home Improvement at her show. Saw a hooded woman run into a cab ignoring us. Someone that that was her. We were all baffled cause we heard she was nice.

Back to waiting for randoms at a couple more spots and got some names, no one great sadly. Dave Chapelle did stuff but had him so didn't even budge.

Later in the evening waited at another spot where I saw Donald Glover but he was a complete dick. And Rhianna somewhere else but she did nothing. Dropped all my passengers off and went to sleep.

While it was good hanging out and BS-ing with Vannessa and friend and HeelOrton and friend throughout the evening, photo op wise the evening was uneventful. I guess that's the way it is you win some you lose some.

Mark Rylance

Francesca Annis

Full list of Day 2 photo ops


Day 3

With Star Wars actor Domhnall Gleeson slated to be in town, I decided to stay extra. First I try for randoms but see nothing, then go to the Gleeson spot. Going in he takes care of all and I get a photo op. Try more for randoms and Dakota Johnson sneaks out. I then pick up HeelOrton and friend and we try for a spot where we hope to see original lead singer of Toto Bobby Kimball and lead singer of Cutting Crew Nick Van Eede, among others. We don't see them so they must in. Then wait for randoms and see nothing and it was off for another Patricia Richardson attempt. 

It lets out and we wait. This time we see her. She is nice as can be. We theorize that the woman we saw the prior evening must not have been her and that we left the spot before she did.

Back to the spot for the music names. At that point it was getting colder and even snowing. We wait for exits and we get a bunch of people including Bobby who was super nice and telling us to get out of the snow. We thought we got Nick but sadly turns out that is a barely valid. The combination of the cold plus the fact that we thought we got both Bobby and Nick we left the spot then we sadly realized that was not Nick. The PUNCH of the evening. Either we left the spot before he came out or in the chaos he slipped out without us noticing. That mystery will forever be unsolved. Dropped everyone off at the trains and I left the city.

While I didn't get any big names, I got lots of solid names so I don't regret my haul.

Domhnall Gleeson

Patricia Richardson

Bobby Kimball

Full list of Day 3 photo ops

All autographs obtained the past three days

No comments:

Post a Comment