Sunday, March 3, 2019

Some meets in late February and beginning March

February was mostly chill but I did do a couple of days of meets. First off a venue with the cast of Schitt's Creek. Of the 6 actors I had Catherine O'Hara and Eugene Levy but needed the other 4. I also wanted autos from Catherine and Eugene and an upgrade with Catherine. 

Arrive at the venue and wait. Sadly it is crowded. A van pulls up in the driveway. The actors come out, Eugene and Catherine enter the van while the other 4 greet the crowd. I manage to get ops with all 4. So I'm officially on the board.

Tried to go to the next stop but they wanted no part of it. My next attempt would be at the airport the next morning.

We are 3 people in one car. Pull up and we literally see the van and the actors on the pavement. We basically arrived at almost the same time! Park illegally by the curb. Luckily I didn't have to bother the lower 4. Catherine and Eugene did one each for all but refused photo ops. I got an 8x10 signed by Eugene and my Nightmare Before Christmas laserdisc signed by Catherine (already signed by Chris Sarandon). I then ran back to the car before I could get in trouble.

While I would have liked more autographs and a Catherine upgrade, I'd say operation Schitts was largely a success. 

Annie Murphy

Emily Hampshire

Dan Levy

Noah Reid

Signed laserdisc and 8x10


Next day I was commissioned by a NYC Master to get Ted Koppel autographs. It was back to the airport. Sadly Ted refuses autographs. I did get an upgraded photo op.

Later that evening I went for actor Dane Cook (Good Luck Chuck, My Best Friend's Girl). Unlike the Schitt's Creek cast we are only two people! Eventually Dane comes out and we call for him. He walks over and does photo ops. Considering this was a $200+ m&g it felt good getting him for free. 

Ted Koppel

Dane Cook


Next day it was time for a different airport. I start by waiting for actor Laz Alonso (Fast & Furious, Avatar). Wait for him at one spot and never see him. At this point I decide to go to the area where I'm guaranteed to eventually see him (figuring he may have gone in before I arrived).

So I go to that area and I immediately see him going into the bathroom. I wait for him to leave the bathroom then ask for the photo op which he was more than happy to oblige.

Grab some Subway to eat as I wait for the music legend Paul Williams to land. He did the soundtrack of several good movies. Already got a great shot with him so this was an autograph only mission. We see him and he is nice as I get my items done.

Laz Alonso

Paul Williams autographs


Ended February with the Band Kansas (Dust in the Wind). Sadly only two original members in the band, the guitarist and the drummer. A third member has been with them for a long time and is on a couple of albums but none of the hits. So he's basically a scrub. The rest are barely valid. Went to the airport and saw Rich Williams (the guitarist) and some crew but no other members. WTF! The rest must not have come to baggage. So went to another spot and waited where we saw EVERY single member walking about except the the drummer Phil Ehart, sadly. I got a photo op with with scrub Billy Greer and barely valid David Ragsdale. I saw the other two barely valids but was afraid to go up to them and make myself known as at that point I was still waiting for Phil. I could have come back the next day for Phil but I didn't feel like that was worth dedicating all the extra time and effort.  

Kansas photo ops

Kansas autograph


Started off March with a cool name, namely director Phillip Noyce. He directed movies such as Clear and Present Danger, Patriot Games, Salt, among others. Arrive at the venue and wait. Eventually he walks out and is as nice as can be happy to do a photo op. Wow why can't they all be this cool.

Phillip Noyce

No comments:

Post a Comment