Sunday, May 23, 2021

Finally! First airport meet of 2021!

In what is more evidence of normality trickling back, I finally got some people at an airport. My first airport success of the year, and second airport success since the virus hit. 

The target was Debbie Allen from Fame and A Different World. Flying with her was her husband and NBA player Norm Nixon. 

I wait and see them both. They separate. He waits with some bags while she goes to check in. Since she is my priority, I figure best to take the "divide and conquer" approach. After she checks in she lines up for baggage check in. I figure this is my chance. I ask for the photo op and she agrees. Sadly she is wearing a face shield. I ask if she's keeping it on she apologizes and says she doesn't know me. So I take the op. Face shield is not ideal but honestly better than if wearing both hat and shades. 

Then I sanitize my pen, go back up to her and ask for autos as I tell her I sanitized the pen and point to the spot where the sanitizer was. She goes "what are you doing here? You happen to be carrying those?". She signs them. 

I then go back to her husband. He's a get if there name since I don't care for sports. And there I was so I asked him for the op. He gets up ready to take the op. I ask for a no mask shot he pulls it down. 

Debbie Allen

Norm Nixon

Autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment