Saturday, January 12, 2013

2012 Overview and Awards



2012 was quite a year for me. Celeb wise I scored quite a few A level names and scored an amazing random in George Lucas. Sadly, despite the victories I had a lot of failures in 2012, and this is something I hope to improve upon in 2013. Failures were due to various things including but not limited to celebs being total assholes, spots being blown up, and bad timing when running around graphing. 

Wrestling wise my activity was the lowest it's ever been since I started obtaining combos. This is due to two things, namely that there's very few people I need and also because it conflicted with bigger celeb names (for example when LOTR and NYCC were taking place in the same weekend). During 2012 I did only one wrestling con and did WWE rounds twice. At least I took care of one major wrestling want in Paul Heyman. Now I only have three major wants in wrestling: Shane McMahon, Brock Lesnar, and Sable.   



Anyhow, on to my awards:


First meet: Brad Pitt (autograph)

Biggest meet: George Lucas 

Biggest first time photo op: George Lucas

Biggest first time meet: George Lucas

Most favorite meet: George Lucas

Biggest first time wrestling meet: Paul Heyman

Biggest convention meet: Christopher Lloyd (I now have combos with the 3 major characters from Back to the Future, Marty, Doc, and Biff). 

Biggest triumph of the human spirit: Anne Hathaway photo op! Failed on that twice (photo op wise) and waited till 5 AM for my success in November.

Biggest wrestling disappointment: Still didn't meet Shane McMahon, the only McMahon to elude me. 

Biggest celeb disappointment: Too many to mention in 2012, but missing Robert Zemekis, John Goodman, and Denzel Washington in one shot by one hour ranks right up there (although I already met Denzel) 

Most valuable autograph obtained: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Robert Deniro, and Clint Eastwood tie breaker

Best random meet: George Lucas

Best looking item signed: Triumph the Insult comic dog DVD cover 

Most pleasant interaction: Paul Heyman and Robert Smigel (Triumph) tie breaker 

Best HCIT moment: Arnold Schwarzenegger told me "see ya" 


No comments:

Post a Comment