Thursday, June 27, 2013

Buzz Aldrin book signing report

Buzz Aldrin was doing several public appearances to promote his Mission to Mars book. I went there to pick up some signed books and perhaps improve my photo op. The one I went to was early May at the National Geographic building in DC. The employees were actually very nice which is unusual. May have had something to do with the fact that I bought 5 books (with the intention of selling 4). 

Joining Buzz in the signing was his son Andrew Aldrin (who wrote the foreword of the book) and also co-author Leonard David. While technically correct autographs on the book, I had no interest in devaluing my books so I told the female handler up front that I only wanted Buzz. She was more than friendly about it. 

Sadly, the friendliness of all the employees was tainted by the usual unfriendliness of Buzz. He refused to pose for me stating that it would start a trend. Not a huge deal as I already have a photo op, but would have been nice. I did get a cool "face off" photo op with him which technically counts and is a nice bonus. 

Photos from the signing

Book that I'm keeping for myself

Buzz Aldrin photo op from September 2010

It is pretty cool that of the first 4 people who ever walked on the moon, I have photo ops with 3 of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment