Friday, June 28, 2013

THEODORE took a whole YEAR to learn the PIANO




It was late May and I set out for a couple of meets, mainly Billy Joel who is best known for the legendary song, Piano Man (which also got a Weird Al parody in the form of Spiderman). 

It was a lot of waiting and a lot of screw ups, getting caught up in the rain, even at one point coming up a day late and a dollar short (missing a drop off bus by 2 minutes). 

 But the day turned out pretty extravagant. 

First meet was Jesse McCartney, who I know best as Theodore from the Alvin and the Chipmunks movies. He was cool and I got a combo. 

Next success was seeing Trisha Yearwood leaving in a van. She was ultra friendly and even waited to see if the photo op turned out. 

Next up I see James Taylor leaving. He is ultra friendly and I got him to sign me 3 vinyls and an 8x10. I told him I didn't need to bother him for a photo op since I have that already. 

And then I see the man himself, Billy Joel! I manage to get a photo op and two albums signed! He was surprisingly very nice. 

The black mark from this is missing Gloria Estefan but not huge deal as I have a photo op with her already. And I saw Carol King but she was an ultra bitch. I could have waited more for her but it was pouring rain and I decided to go to another spot where I had a better chance of seeing somebody. That somebody was lead singer of the band Phish, Trey Anastasio. I was already in town and Gloria was likely not going to be seen so this seemed like the best option. Me and one other guy managed to go to a spot where other fans weren't waiting and he was very accommodating. I got a photo op. 

Billy Joel photo op

Full list of photo ops

James Taylor autographs

Billy and Jesse autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment