Friday, July 5, 2013

Possibly the greatest meet of 2013 right here!

No rest for the weary as shortly after Legends of the Ring weekend I embark on a mission to meet a huge legendary name that is a known jerk: James Cameron! 

I was very uneasy about going for this name cause I've heard nothing but horror stories from him. But as big as he is, he's gotta be worth a try.


I got the info a day before, and he was doing 3 different things that day. I gathered up my items, I drove closer to the city the night before, and I set to get up very early to start this mission (and I so hate getting up early). 

I go to where the first event is, but with the info I have I could not find it. 

Tried even asking some security guards about it, but apparently I was the first they'd heard of the event 

Since the event was close to ending, I decided to cut my losses on this one and go to the second event. As I would later find out he would do nothing for no one at the first event so no loss there. 

Now I see him outside the second event and I ask him for a photo op. He simply tells me to come to the event. I quickly reply "ok" and back off. This wasn't a direct shoot down, and the room where the event was wasn't big. So we were still far from the "begging" stage, cause at this point it would just hurt my chances, not help it. 

I sit through about an hour of his event, which made me a little nervous cause my car's parking was on a time limit. It was free 2 hour parking although in that type of spot I've stretched to 3-4 hours and never got a ticket. 

Finally his event ends and then I go up to him. He goes "you've been waiting a while" and takes a picture with me!



I also got him on a laserdisc of the first Terminator movie and a Terminator 2 exoskeleton action figure! Besides me there was only one other grapher but he did photo op with anyone there who asked. 

As he left in the hallway, he was back to his normal self and did nothing for no one. 

Additionally, his wife was with him and I remembered that his wife was an actress. So I got a photo op. She was nice as can be. I then left and didn't bother with the third even.

I went back to the car, and I thankfully got no parking ticket, despite stretching the rules.

According to wikipedia, and I quote

Highest-grossing films[10]
RankTitleWorldwide grossYearRef
1Avatar$2,782,275,1722009[# 1]
2Titanic$2,185,372,3021997[# 2]
3The Avengers$1,511,757,9102012[# 3]

With the addition of James Cameron, I have photo ops with the directors of the top 3 highest grossing movie of all times. 



No comments:

Post a Comment