Monday, December 2, 2013

Couple more music meets

First up I set up to meet country singer Alison Krauss. She is actually a  name for me but my main reason to meet her was because I was commissioned by someone to get her to sign his vinyl album. There were a couple of opportunities I chose the early morning one, mainly because it would be super cold that night. 

We were two waiting and we finally see her. She begrudgingly did one per. I asked for the photo op and she refused. Begging and pleading did no good. 

On my way home I let the person know mission accomplished. He was very happy and moments later the money was in my paypal account. 

While this mission was a failure photo op wise, it is a success cause my main goal was getting an autograph that someone was paying me to get. Still would have been nice to get a photo op out of it.

Alison Krauss signed vinyl


Next up is singer and former member of Destiny's Child Kelly Rowland. The main reason I wanted to get her was because she was in Freddy Vs Jason. I found a flight on her, and this is always my preferred method of meeting. 

Besides me there were also two paps. There was fear among the paps that she got on an earlier flight, but that was not the case. 

So the witching hour comes, she shows up wearing big ass shades. I figure that it's not perfect but it will do just fine. But as soon as she sees the cameras she covers her face with a scarf 



Of course that didn't stop me from asking for a photo op. When I did she goes "are you ready" I said I was and I got a photo op. Of course it was garbage. 

Minutes later I ask for an autograph and she does it despite her people saying "we don't have time". She wanted to give the pen back but I asked for another and she did that. 

While the pap was taking pictures I was following and one of her people was telling me "you got it already right" and I said I did but "he's my ride" which was my excuse for following. The real reason was to see if an opportunity for a better photo op or even another autograph would arise but no luck there. They then all left in their car. As that happened I was minutes away from a $10 parking fee, so I rushed to the payment machine as fast as I could and the fee was only $5. 

I left the airport really upset because my main goal was the photo op. It was really upsetting especially since my latest endeavors haven't been too successful photo op wise. 

Let's recap: 

Dave Davies: first photo op was no good, had to rush to his hotel for a second chance. Got a passable but less than ideal photo op. Had to beg and plead for it no less. 


Stephen Speilberg: Stood out in the cold for only one autograph despite begging/pleading failed to get a photo op

Alison Krauss: Similar situation as Speilberg. Though the photo op wasn't the main goal it's still a valid photo op failure. 

And now this! It seems as if photo ops are becoming harder and harder to obtain. And to reiterate that point I would have to go out of my way for a second chance at a Kelly Rowland photo op? Really? Really? 

Against my will I decided to try for her again to properly complete my combo, this time outside the venue. We were 15 people there. Besides myself there were only two other White guys and both were flaming gay. 

When the witching hour came there were like 3 guards in front of us! Only a couple of people got photo ops, and somehow I was one of the VERY lucky ones to score a photo op! It was chaotic and guards were being  about it! I couldn't believe I scored. As it turns out she made "vagina" lips in her pose with me. I wonder if she recognized me from earlier which might explain why I got that fantastic pose! And to boot, no shades, no scarf, no hat, nothing! The difference between the shots is night and day! 

So to add to that running list showcasing why photo ops are becoming harder to get:

Kelly Rowland: first photo op was no good, had to go out of my way for the second, got a great shot but only managed to get it through the skin of my teeth! 

Kelly Rowland take 1

Kelly Rowland take 2

Kelly Rowland autographs

On a side note, the photo of her signing for me at the airport made the daily mail in the UK! I PDF'd the news article for my archives. LINK 

No comments:

Post a Comment