Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Scares that Care weekend, Nightranger concert

Myself, Joresky, and one other friend Don decide to head out to a small horror con in order to get Amanda Bearse (Marcy from Married with Children) and some others. 

The day starts off bad with Saturday traffic. But we get there with plenty of time. The mooching Gods were with me as I managed to mooch admission. 



First guest I get is the main reason I came, Amanda Bearse. She was friendly and appreciative to everyone coming to see her, even asking where you want your item signed and asking where you got the other autographs. I got her on my Married with Children cast photo already signed by Katey and David. This would be the only autograph I obtain. 

Then I go to actor Yaphet Kotto who I know best from Running Man starring Arnold and also from Alien. Got a photo op. 

Next up Alexandra Paul who I know best from Baywatch. Joresky got the combo but I managed to score a FREE photo op 

The last guest I wanted was the only guest I had to wait in line for, and that was because she didn't come till late. It was Elvira. I already had a fully suited photo op with her from Chiller a few years ago, but I wanted her non-suited, cause it's cool to have both. Me and Don decided to split this photo op to save. 

The time at this con ended with a free photo op with horror director/writer Kevin Kangas, a total  name for me.


Amanda Bearse AKA Marcy Darcy (Married: With Children)

Full list of Scares that Care photo ops

Signed Married with Children 8x10


After this we drove to a Nightrangers concert, this time just me and Joresky. They are best known for their hit "Sister Christian" 




Out of the 5 current members, 3 of them are original, including the main 2 members of the band. We arrive late at the venue that Joresky claimed was unmoochable. But mooch we managed to do! And we caught the tail end of the concert including their hit "Sister Christian". 

Sadly they were not doing a meet and greet. So we hang out after the concert. Shortly after newer member Joel Hoekstra comes out and does combos with everyone who wanted one. I got a combo myself. While technically I got something, thus far the evening is still a total waste as he is not one of the originals. And there was no guarantee in sight. 

Then we see lead singer Jack Blades going to his car, and we run the same direction as him. We manage to score autographs and photo ops. One picture I had him sign he's like "WHOA where did you get that, that's my garage". 

Upon this score, my reaction was this face because right there and then the evening is not a bust. If I got nothing else I now got something. Sadly, the other  members left in a van we could not get to. So we had to go to the next spot. 

Next spot we immediately get guitarist Brad Gillis! YES! Score for another original member. He signed and did photo ops. Sadly, while getting Brad we missed drummer Kelly Keagy who actually is the vocalist for their best known hit. But Brad said they'd all be leaving this spot in 10 minutes so we knew right there and then if we waited we'd get Keagy. 

While waiting, we see newer member Eric Levy who is happy to do combos. Minutes pass and we see Kelly Keagy and he is happy to sign, do photo ops, and even chats with us! 

Amazing how things were looking bleak at first, but ended up with 100% success

Jack Blades (lead singer of 80s rock band Night Ranger, best known for their hit "Sister Christian") 

Kelly Keagy (drummer and lead vocalist of 80s rock band Night Ranger, best known for their hit "Sister Christian")

Brad Gillis (guitarist of 80s rock band Night Ranger, best known for their hit "Sister Christian")




No comments:

Post a Comment