Monday, July 20, 2015

Wizard World Philly 2015 report

This con always seems to get some good names. And with this one headlined by Burt Reynolds, it was simply a "can't miss". 

But before Wizard World I would have to meet up with Joresky at a dingy club outside of Baltimore where he wanted to meet Mike Tramp the lead singer of the band White Lion. A total name for me. 

Luckily the place was very moochable so I got in no issue, but here is an overview at what a dingy place that was.

The show finally ended, and he was nice. I got a photo op.

Then it was off to Philly where we found a free spot not too far from Wizard World and slept for the evening. 


Saturday morning, me and mooch some breakfast at a spot, which has become a yearly Wizard World Philly tradition for us. 

First guest I met is Charles Martinet who voices Mario and many characters in all Nintendo games starting Mario 64 for the N64. Got him to sign a figure. This would be my only autograph for WW, although I kinda regret not getting a Burt Reynolds autograph especially when I saw some of the cool stuff people were getting signed like old playboys and laserdiscs. 

I got table photo ops with Adrian Paul, Danny Trejo, and Frankie Muniz.  

I got a free photo op with artist Phil Ortiz. 

I also mooched photo ops with Keshia Knight Pulliam (which was an upgrade from my street shot) and Vincent Young. 

I split two pro ops. Burt Reynolds with Joresky, and Katie Cassidy with markedout's Nightshift AKA Nate. 

Ended WW with a Roger Corman photo op at the end of a panel, although I already had him.

After Wizard World it was off to NYC for a long and grueling week. 

Sampling of photo ops

Katie Cassidy

Burt Reynolds

Adrian Paul

Keshia Knight Pulliam

Full list of photo ops

Signed Mario figure

No comments:

Post a Comment