Wednesday, December 9, 2015

The Quest for Caine in November

Day 1

Towards the end of November Michael Caine was in NYC. He was someone I greatly regretted missing over the summer. Especially since he's getting up there in age. So I did not want to miss another opportunity for Caine. Had all sights and cross hairs focused on one Michael Caine

I arrive in NYC and meet up with and at the spot. 

First I get a Paul Dano photo op he was very nice. Then I get a photo op with Harvey Keitel. He said he couldn't sign but I talked him into the photo. I skipped an event of his in the past where he did photo ops so I was happy to rectify that. Sadly Michael Caine was rushed in. He signed two autographs and that was it. Rachel Weisz then came and signed but did no photo ops. Sadly she tainted my Oz The Great and Powerful 8x10 where she slightly went over James Franco and Michelle Williams 

Jane Fonda was being nicer than usual signing for people. Thankfully I had a photo op so I concentrated on getting my two items done despite her saying "one per person". 

Now there were two sides for exits. As luck would have it the two people I needed photo ops with (Weisz and Caine) are exiting from the same side. A fat woman was trying to cry no photos. And Weisz's driver pointed out that she signed for me. I told him I still needed the photo op. He goes "oh c'mon"

They both come out. Caine seems better guarded. I beg Weisz for the photo op and to my shock I got it! This is a hard photo op to get so I felt like a Master right there! I then try to run to beg Caine but he's in the car and denies me 

I rush to the next spot. For another shot at Michael Caine. Sadly at this spot security is brutal. You basically couldn't get to anyone certainly not Michael Caine. Only thing I got at this spot was a picture with Radioman's bike. Caine is rushed to his car both going in and out and that same fat woman tries to cockblock us! 

Rush to the next spot for Caine where that same fat woman comes out of Caine's car. Caine goes inside his hotel and ignores all 5 of us at this spot. 

After this Caine failure it was off to a spot for Quentin Tarantino. He's actually not that big of a want of mine but getting something sure beats getting nothing. I arrive at the spot and mooch my way inside. I get a photo op with Walton Goggins and Jennifer Jason Leigh. I also get Kevin Kline but I had him before. Now it's  Quentin's turn. Two of my buddies get perfect shots with him then when it was my turn he goes "I don't do photo ops inside theaters" but he would shake hands and converse.  Really? he did say he would do them outside. When we got outside he was MOBBED and I finally managed to get the selfie! 

I called it a night. While eating $1 pizza slices I get a tip from a Master combo hunter for Keanu Reeves. Already had him but would love to get him John Wick suited. I waited there and was joined by Vanessa and Dave. Sadly it seemed Keanu was not coming back for a while. And I wanted to try for Michael Caine again in the morning. Not wanting to wear myself out since Michael Caine was still my primary target I decided to give up on John Wick suited Reeves, get a free parking spot, and get some rest to prepare for another shot at Michael Caine. 

While I failed on my main target, I would hardly call this day a bust. Weisz, Keitel, Tarantino and then some is a pretty damn good evening. 

Full list of day 1 photo ops

Harvey Keitel

Rachel Weisz

Quentin Tarantino


Day 2


I wake up and walk to last spot where Michael Caine ignored everyone the night before. I wait and I wait and suddenly he comes out with his wife. I asked for a photo op he goes "quickly". First photo op is blurry I get another and it turns out good! The pressure is off and my reaction is this face I simply couldn't believe it! The pressure was off and I was now in bonus mode. I waited more cause I still needed autographs. I would be joined by a Master combo hunter and then bywho just arrived in NYC. Joresky then spots Nana Visitor from Star Trek and I get a photo op with her. We wait longer and see Caine's vehicle. He comes out I get my autographs and the others get combos. I guess hindsight is 20/20 I could have stayed up for John Wick suited Reeves and gotten my Caine combo. But I should just be grateful I got Michael Caine. 

We go to a spot where we hope to see Chris Hemsworth, Ron Howard, and Tom Holland (the new Spiderman). Hemsworth comes out and is nice as can be despite handlers rushing him. I get a photo op but sadly it's really just an update for me. We wait and no one else comes out and all the Masters left. We assume Holland wasn't there but that was a huge mistake cause we later found out he was in fact there 

We were about to go eat but then saw some Masters outside a spot and decided to wait. We didn't know who we were waiting for. We see Ray J and get a photo op but that's not who everyone was waiting for. When all Masters leave we gave up which in hindsight was another huge mistake because someone got a photo op with John Boyega from Star Wars. After getting some $1 pizza slices we go for Mamie Gummer where we meet up with Greg. She is nice as can be unlike her mother.  

We then go for Stephen Root who plays Milton in Office Space. He does a combo but doesn't sign more than one thing. We also get photo ops with Kristine Nielsen, Lois Smith, and Noah Bean. Then to a spot with Larisa Oleynik who I didn't really need as I got before. And then a spot for Matt Ryan AKA Constantine. He is nice as can be as is Judith Light who I get another photo op with. Then I go find information for the next spot where I hope to get actor Matthew McConaughey and Adele. I fish out the info then off we all go. 

Now this spot is chaotic, in part because Star Wars actors were expected. Wow the crowd was so big that it was impossible to get anything. Matthew McConaughey goes in does nothing. We were also told JJ Abrams came in but I had him so no big deal. Daisy Ridley goes in but again nothing. Finn Wittrock is spotted and I get a photo op. Since this spot is a nightmare a lot of people decide to bail and try other spots. Me, Joresky, and others stayed. Since ironically the crowd caused so many people to leave suddenly the spot wasn't so crowded anymore. So exits are a little more fruitful. Daisy Ridley comes out and does photo ops! Masters who tried for her at the next spot didn't get her!

I then see Kate McKinnon who ALWAYS blows me off and she did so again. Joresky then points out that she's doing photo ops across the street I then run across the street, beg, and SCORE! Wow I guess 100th time asking for the photo op was the charm! 

Joresky spotted singer/actress Jenny Lewis (lead singer of Rilo Kiley, actress in the 80s video game movie The Wizard) and I get a photo op. Sadly there were blow offs, namely Jonah Hill and Emma Stone who did nothing for no one. Emily Blunt also left and did nothing. John Boyga and Adele never came to this spot. 

After I dropped off Joresky to the bus station I stayed over to try and get some other names the next day





Day 3

I wake up and go to a spot to redeem missing Boyega. I am joined by Greg and soon after others combo hunters join. At one point we thought we saw Daisy Ridley whiz by. We wait some more and two combo hunters go to another spot and lie to us about it. When they come back I told them my plan to go for Ron Howard later this evening to get him on my Apollo 13 laserdisc. One of the graphers who left earlier told me that Ron Howard was just on the other side of the street and he's about to come out (essentially telling me this was where he snuck off to). So me and Greg go to the other side. Chris Hemsworth also comes out but I had no need for him. I get a combo with Ron Howard and his autograph on my laserdisc comes out fantastic. 

Back to the Boyega spot, we find out that both him and Daisy left earlier in the morning. So that was it. I went by Al Pacino's spot but it was too late to get a good railing position. So I just called it and went home. Thanks to the combo hunter who initially lied then told me about the Ron Howard spot right there and then to save me from staying the evening. With that I decided to quite while ahead. 


Now to showcase autographs obtained: 



The laserdisc has Kevin, Bill, Ed, Gary and now Ron Howard signed in gold at the bottom. Now only missing Tom Hanks. I actually got the same vinyl signed in the past but this one turned out better so I'm selling my old one. 


Of course, Weisz had all the space in the world yet she chooses to go over other graphs at least it still looks ok. While her graph is horrid I checked an autograph I got from her on a program when she did a show with Daniel Craig, and the one on this photo is slightly better than the one on the program. So I guess this is her standard graph. 



No comments:

Post a Comment