Saturday, February 27, 2016

Days Of Low Rate Track Records part 1

Overall my track record has not been the greatest as of late. Perhaps it is due to the combo Gods telling me to stop. Let us recap. 

There was an event with Neve Campbell, Kevin Spacey, and others. My goal was autographs with Neve and Kevin and photo ops with the rest. 

I arrive at the spot and see several graphers waiting including some Masters. Turns out I arrived late but nobody got anyone so I missed nothing. 

The only hope was getting people on exits. We all wait on the side of the building we think people are coming out from. Eventually we see Elizabeth Marvel and I get a photo op. Paul Sparks is also nice as can be.

One grapher who is essentially a minion of a Master that wasn't present told me he's going around the building to see if Kevin Spacey might sneak out. A short time later he came back with an autograph! Apparently he saw a car, waited, and 30 seconds later Kevin came out! 

I named all the Masters present and told him "they didn't get Kevin and you did" to which he responded "yea that almost never happens". 

Jayne Atkinson and Nathan Darrow come out but do nothing for no one! WTF? Jayne was actually a name I wanted because she was in Free Willy and Blank Check. When Jayne exited security was blocking and then went on a curse fest with a Master. The guard goes "you ain't gonna do anything" and the Master answers "neither will you you will get arrested"

Neve Campbell comes out and is nice as can be. Wow never realized she was so nice. I managed to get autos. 

Michael Kelly comes out and I get one invalid photo op and one blurry photo op. But thankfully I already had a great shot with him from 2015 so I don't even count this one as a failure. 

On the way back home I get a text asking me about Spacey and I told him who the one person who got him was and how the others didn't get him and he responded saying "every dog has his day". 

Full list of photo ops

Neve Campbell autographs


A day later I decide to try for astronaut and moon walker Gene Cernan. I already got a photo op with him 5 years ago but his autograph is a lot of fuck money so I thought why not. 

I arrive at the spot and a few Masters are waiting for him. Finally he arrives but does nothing. One of the event handlers tells us to calm down and be patient. He will take our stuff and get it done. So we all gave him our stuff. He goes inside but comes back out saying he didn't do it. 

Gene starts speaking and I mooch inside the event and mooched some oh so delicious horderves. The desert especially was pretty divine. After he was done speaking he exited and so did I. But sadly still nothing for no one and his entourage even went so far as to get touchy and one other grapher cursed him out and yelled. One woman asked if she could have my card she'll give me something in the mail. I said I didn't have a card. A Master actually once told me it does no good to give them your info because they will never accommodate you, which honestly makes sense because if they can't spend 5 seconds signing an autograph why should they spend 5 minutes sending something in the mail?

Defeated I try to salvage my evening and go to a Tina Fey spot. I already had her so it was primarily an autograph mission. I scout the area and notice some secret service cars. One grapher predicts it's for John Kerry. Turns out he was right. But since I had nothing for him to sign and have the photo op I didn't bother to run up and tackle secret service. Shortly after that grapher left. 

Then I go to the side I think Tina Fey is coming out of. Not a minute later I see a group of people exiting and Tina is with a handler. I try to ask her but I'm ignored. I try to follow and a secret service agent says "she doesn't want" and tries to physically stop me. However, being on a public street and Tina Fey being an actress not a politician his authority was 110% invalid and non-existent. Under no stretch of any imagination did he have any right to do or say anything. So I simply ignored him, stepped out of the sidewalk and into the street, and dashed towards her vehicle. I get to her and asked her for an autograph and she told her handler "I got this" and at this point a Master Pap popped up and begin filming her and asking a question. 

After this was over the Pap goes "they're celebrities it's their job, you're secret service what's it of your concern" he goes "I know just give them some space be a decent person". I then tell the guy "you're secret service she is an actress you are not paid to protect her"

Overall a waste of an evening, but thanks to ignoring secret service I managed to get something over nothing, namely a signed Mickey Mouse headed Tina Fey photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment