Friday, February 19, 2016

STEP BY STEP I was ALMOST FAMOUS

Kate Hudson is someone who is pretty much impossible on the street, at least photo op wise. When I saw her in the past she signed but I stupidly tried for the photo op and failed. 

So when she was announced for a Bookends signing with photo ops guaranteed to happen, this was something I could not pass up. 

So I headed there with and markedout's MrTonyRuben. 

As I arrived I said hello to everybody I knew. It was awesome seeing everyone as always. It should be noted that this signing probably had the greatest number of NYC Masters I've ever seen in a single organized setting. This is further illustration on how impossible Kate Hudson is on the street. Also we were apparently early enough to wait inside which was nice. 

When I got up to Kate Hudson she wasn't very talkative to me but did the combo no issue. 

After the signing I decided to wait in order to try for extras. I had low expectations and sure enough she did nothing for no one. But one has to try. 

Hopefully guaranteed photo ops become a trend for book signings as I would attend more of them. On another note I was reminded why I don't hunt too much in the winter. It wasn't that cold and I wasn't out that long and my toes felt like they were frozen in ice even after I drove off. 

Photo op

Autograph


The next day I decided to try for New Kids on the Block member Danny Wood. Not a huge name but a name I would most likely get and would not have to wait outside for. Plus I remember the song Step by Step from way back. 

I arrived and successfully mooch my way inside. I caught the tail end of the show. Each time he would say he was wrapping up, the crowd would boo, then he would go on, the crowd would cheer, and I would think "dammit". This happened a few times before he actually wrapped up for real. 

He then went back stage and the unique thing about this venue is you could watch the back door from within. No doors or curtains blocking view. I kept on waiting and eventually they told me they're getting ready to close up. So I moved away from that area but could still get somewhat of a view.

I saw a merch area setup with the opening act. The name written was "Todd Carey". I googled him and saw that he was actually valid. So I asked for a selfie and he was more than happy to oblige. 

Then I saw a bunch of people leave through the back, I quickly run outside and around and I see him loading stuff up in the car. Meanwhile a bunch of fan girls are driving around and see him. They hesitate whether to go out of the car. I ask for a selfie and he agrees and when they see that they go out of the car and take photos with him. 

When they are all done I ask him to sign my photos and he does so no issue. This marks my second New Kids on the Block member since I already got Donnie Wahlberg. 

Danny Wood

Todd Carey

Autographs 

No comments:

Post a Comment