Monday, August 29, 2016

A few scattered August meets

During Summerslam week I ventured into NJ and then NYC for some meets, but I had some pre and post Summerslam meets in August. Let us take a look. 

Pre Summerslam week I went for actor Michael York, who I know best as Basil Exposition from the Austin Powers movies. Since I got that info too late I sadly had nothing on me to get signed. I decided to try after the event to minimize the time dedicated. Arrived at the spot and could not find free parking. So I parked illegally by the front door and stayed in the car. Waited and I was sweating like a pig, but he finally exits. I jump out the car, ask for the photo op, and he's nice as can be. Was also nice to have him one on one. 

Michael York


Next up was after Summerslam week, an event with three actresses: Shailene Woodley, Riley Keough (granddaughter of Elvis and Priscilla Presley), and Susan Sarandon. Out of these one would be a fresh meet (Riley) and I needed upgrades from the other two. Shailene I first met when she was young and a nobody and has since become a tough photo op, and Susan I needed a no shades shot. So this event was definitely worth embarking on. 

I arrive and I could not find free parking. So I had to pay for 2 hours metered parking. My heart was crushed as I saw a Master already got combos with all 3. But the event was not over and other Masters subsequently arrived. Overall we were 3 graphers, one pap, and the rest were simply people attending the event. 

All actresses were rallying for a cause so we all had to find a good time to strike. First we saw a window for Shailene and ask for the selfie. Unlike all other settings, she agrees! YES my time here is officially not a complete waste. 

Then we see Riley steps away, so we all attack and get multi combos with her! YES another score! This is officially more than worthwhile. 

So now we wait for Susan Sarandon. Sadly she is wearing hat and shades so this would be no upgrade. But I still needed autos. She gets interviewed and we strike after that. She is her normal friendly self. 

Wow got photo ops with all three and autos from 2 of 3 and my 2 hour meter is not even expired! Couldn't believe how well I was doing! Only thing left is Shailene autos, which she had denied earlier. While we wait more I saw a Master getting a combo from someone. So I quickly get a photo op with him. Turns out it's documentary director Josh Fox.

Shailene is getting interviewed, and I wait alongside the aforementioned Master. Sadly it was 5 minutes till my meter expires so I had to run to my car. I then move it to another spot and paid an extra $1 in parking. I then run back to the event and the Master is positioned right next to Shailene as she is getting ready to finish. I quickly stand next to him. He asks for autos she does one for him and one for me. After this I left the event relishing the sweet taste of success! I then relished it more at the Chinese buffet. 

Riley Keough

Shailene Woodley

Susan Sarandon

Josh Fox

Autographs obtained

No comments:

Post a Comment